yconic - Grade 12 Timetable Advice
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Grade 12 Timetable Advice

A photo of Frantic Frantic
Hello, I'm currently in Grade 12 and my schedule is as follows:

Semester 1:
Lunch
English
Biology
Adv. Functions
Economics

Semester 2:
Chemistry
Lunch
Calculus
Spare
Exercise Science

I'd like to get accepted to the life science program in McMasters

I have an option to switch out my economics and get data (both of which are not needed for my uni prerequisites). I want to take data because he teacher that is teaching it is the easiest teacher ever. I had him in grade 10 and i got a 86% without ever doing my homework or studying for the tests.

So, I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what i should do. I know that if take data my schedule look very unbalanced. But could some who has taken both economics and data inform me whether one is significantly easier than the other (keeping in mind how easy my data teacher is).

PS. I'm im not taking 2 spares because my calc teacher is incredibly tough. I've had him for 2 year before and the class averages were extremely low. This is why i need another "bird" to include in my top six rather than using calc.

Thanks in advance! :compress:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of erudite erudite
I took economics in day school and didn't do much...got an 85%
I took data in private summer school and got a 96%. Theres not much material to cover in data compared to economics but in day school they have statistics and probability projects. I'd say you should go with data cuz you have an easy teacher and not many science students take economics anyway.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Frantic Frantic

@erudite wrote
I took data in private summer school and got a 96%. Theres not much material to cover in data compared to economics but in day school they have statistics and probability projects. I'd say you should go with data cuz you have an easy teacher and not many science students take economics anyway.

Thanks for the quick response! I'm inclined to take data because of my teacher (like you said) but am afraid of the overall amount of effort i may have to commit into the course. I managed to pull off a 86% with him , but that was grade 10 math and this is 12. So im uncertain.. Specially after thinking ahead to exam times when i will have my bio and adv func exam on the same day and data right after, as opposed to economics exam (MCQs!)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of superstar2011 superstar2011

@Frantic wrote

@erudite wrote

Thanks for the quick response! I'm inclined to take data because of my teacher (like you said) but am afraid of the overall amount of effort i may have to commit into the course. I managed to pull off a 86% with him , but that was grade 10 math and this is 12. So im uncertain.. Specially after thinking ahead to exam times when i will have my bio and adv func exam on the same day and data right after, as opposed to economics exam (MCQs!)

You don't really have to work that hard in data. The course itself is rather simple. But do work harder than you did in grade 10. It's not getting used to just formulas anymore. It's about knowing how to count properly (I know that sounded weird, but you'll see what I mean by that).
Was this helpful? Yes 0