yconic - Grade 12 U vs M courses HELP PLEASE!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Grade 12 U vs M courses HELP PLEASE!

A photo of BudsFan94 BudsFan94
Hi guys,

My guidance department tells me I have conflicting courses and this has resulted with me having 3 "M" courses coming up for Grade 12. Just wondering if universities care how many M courses you have? And if they look at U better than M when deciding on acceptances? Thank you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of gassergasser gassergasser
For most programs(Including business) You are only allowed to have 2 M courses on your timetable.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of caveman caveman
^ 2 in your top 6. As long as you have at least 4 U courses (and meet the prereqs), you could take a bunch of college courses (gym, tech, art, w/e)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Subtle Subtle
You can have as many M courses as you'd like, however, most universities/programs take your highest 6 marks in consideration. Of those 6 marks, only two can be M courses.

But say you took 8 courses, 4 U and 4 M, the 4 U would automatically be taken into the calculation while the top two M courses of the 4 that you took would be taken for your top 6 average.

No programs actually look at whether you took 6 U courses or 4 U courses, the only thing that might matter to them in terms of the course type is the method that the course was taken. For example, private school or night school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@caveman wrote
^ 2 in your top 6. As long as you have at least 4 U courses (and meet the prereqs), you could take a bunch of college courses (gym, tech, art, w/e)

+ 1

That sounds right lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0