yconic - grade12 student!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

grade12 student!

A photo of olorunfunmi1 olorunfunmi1
I was wondering if you could give me some advice. I'm a grade 12 student in Canada, Windsor Ontario to be more specific.
I want to pursue a career in law, and one day hope to attend HLS.
I currently have these top 5 universities as my choice to choose from to take my undergrad next fall.. University of Toronto, Carleton, Western, York and Windsor. Would you happen to know which would be best in preparing me for law school. I am also stuck between picking the best suitable undergrad in preparing me as well .. i was looking towards political science and criminology,criminology and sociology, international relations, or to just take law as an undergrad if attending Carleton University.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Katarina101 Katarina101
It doesn't matter what your undergraduate study is, as long as your grades are really good. I want to go into law school later on and become a family law lawyer, and you can see in my signature what programs I applied to.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
Take what interests you and something you can do well in. You want something that will help develop critical thinking and logic skills. Stats show that math and engineering majors do best on the LSAT, among other majors: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_School_Admission_Test#Scoring
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Only your undergrad marks matter, doesn't really matter what you take or where you go. Go to the university that you'll enjoy being at. Nothing prepares you for law school but philosophy, history, economics,math,natural sciences/engineering and computer science majors do the best on the LSAT but that could be because it takes very intelligent people to complete degrees in these programs. On the other hand, anything can change in 4 or 5 years after high school. Going to a well-reputable school would only benefit you. U of T and McMaster were the only Canadian Ontario Universities ranked in top 100 in Times 2011-2012 rankings. I think Queens,Western and Ottawa are pretty good too. Waterloo is also a very good school but I wouldn't recommend it for arts.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted