yconic - Grades with relation to universities.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Grades with relation to universities.

A photo of KarachiLover KarachiLover
Hey guys!.:cheese:

So I am a non- Canadian native, I got 1A*,5As and 4Bs in my O levels and I am going to give my As level exams this May in Law, Economics and Accounts. I am a fairly good student my expected grades (hopefully) are AAB, and I was wondering based on my O level grades and expected As grades would I have chances to get in to a top tier Canadian university like Mc Gill, U of T, UBC, Waterloo etc?.

Furthermore does anyone know how the Canadian Law differs from English law?. Since I am inclined towards persuing law :D.

Also, would I need a 4th As subject?. Because this is a requirement in Uk.

Thanks!.

Cheers
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@KarachiLover wrote
Hey guys!.:cheese:

So I am a non- Canadian native, I got 1A*,5As and 4Bs in my O levels and I am going to give my As level exams this May in Law, Economics and Accounts. I am a fairly good student my expected grades (hopefully) are AAB, and I was wondering based on my O level grades and expected As grades would I have chances to get in to a top tier Canadian university like Mc Gill, U of T, UBC, Waterloo etc?.

Furthermore does anyone know how the Canadian Law differs from English law?. Since I am inclined towards persuing law :D.

Also, would I need a 4th As subject?. Because this is a requirement in Uk.

Thanks!.

Cheers

You don't need a fourth subject (unless your 3 A Level subjects are not at academic level) and your marks are pretty good and should be able to get in to all of the universities you mentioned. Your 3 A level marks and and 5 O level marks will be used to calculate your average.

I know the Canadian law is different from UKs LLB but not sure how different. My uncle has an LLB and I know he couldn't practise here but doing well in UK.

Good Luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0