yconic - Great Universities to APPLY TO !!!!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Great Universities to APPLY TO !!!!

A photo of dr0g0np0w3r987 dr0g0np0w3r987
Can someone give me a list of universities that are great in
terms of their health sciences/biomedical, life scinces and kinisiology
programs and marks required. Thank you!!

Aside:
My mid term mark is not great about 85.5% that was because i was slaking but i am
now going full out on this and hopefully 90+
Was this helpful? Yes 0
13 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Depends. Do you want to work extremely hard in university or just do the regular amount of work? McMaster is good for sciences, health sciences and medical radiation science really good and both easier than life sciences here. U of T, McGill and Queens is good but programs are more difficult. Western is good. York is good for kin.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I want it to be moderate, like i don't want to fail the first year
What i was thinking was to apply to
McMaster Health and Life
Western Biomed
Guelph Biomed
York Life
McMaster MEDRad
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hunt3rshadow hunt3rshadow
Macmaster Health Sci minimum cut off is a 90. So unless you can pull that average up to a 91+, I wouldn't bother trying. Their life sci you have a decent chance though. But it still requires a high 80, so bring those marks up!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I am pretty confident that i will manage to bring my marks up, my mid term was a mark without trying but now i am going to work harder. Thanks for the info
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I've heard that UWO has well rounded programs
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@bluebeach23 wrote
I've heard that UWO has well rounded programs

I heard that McMaster has the best science programs like health, and life
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@fxoqxc wrote

@dr0g0np0w3r987 wrote
I am pretty confident that i will manage to bring my marks up, my mid term was a mark without trying but now i am going to work harder. Thanks for the info

i lol whenever i hear people say this (not doubting your ability.. i just find it funny)

mac life isnt the best if you're planning on med school.. every other science program in ontario is fine

first of, it is true that i was not trying but i am working harder than i ever was so..yeah. Anyways do you know cut offs for Guelph and Western biomed?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rightsaidfred rightsaidfred

@dr0g0np0w3r987 wrote

@fxoqxc wrote

@dr0g0np0w3r987 wrote

i lol whenever i hear people say this (not doubting your ability.. i just find it funny)

mac life isnt the best if you're planning on med school.. every other science program in ontario is fine

first of, it is true that i was not trying but i am working harder than i ever was so..yeah. Anyways do you know cut offs for Guelph and Western biomed?

80% for Guelph, and 82% for Western.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I was thinking it would be much higher than that
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rightsaidfred rightsaidfred
Everyone always has high expectations for university programs.
The cut offs are never that high. UBC's is 67% for example. Waterloo is 78%.
It's just that you need a high average to be competitive for a program that everyone wants to get into.
Health Sciences at McMaster, for example, is probably low 90s.
Biology at McGill is maybe 87-88%.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of ForeverPi ForeverPi

@fxoqxc wrote

@dr0g0np0w3r987 wrote

i'm just curious, but why is mac life science not an ideal school if you're planning to go to medical school?
Was this helpful? Yes 0