yconic - Guelph acceptance?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Guelph acceptance?

A photo of vanessatan10 vanessatan10
I know that for carlton, with their aggresive acceptances, usually give a phone call to their students before they accept them, and I was wondering if guelph does the same thing, or if they just call all their applicants.

I recently received a call from them, and it was similar to my friends carlton call before she got accepted (in early december too!), and i just wanted to know if this was a "sign" as guelph is my number one choice!

The call was nothing special, just do you have any questions, open house days, ect. But did anyone else who applied to guelph get this?

My average is just at the top of the psychology co-op cut off range, and I know they start in early february.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
15 replies

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@vanessatan10 wrote
I know that for carlton, with their aggresive acceptances, usually give a phone call to their students before they accept them, and I was wondering if guelph does the same thing, or if they just call all their applicants.

I recently received a call from them, and it was similar to my friends carlton call before she got accepted (in early december too!), and i just wanted to know if this was a "sign" as guelph is my number one choice!

The call was nothing special, just do you have any questions, open house days, ect. But did anyone else who applied to guelph get this?

My average is just at the top of the psychology co-op cut off range, and I know they start in early february.

no calls just got a letter confirming they received my application.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RML0245 RML0245
I got a phone call like that too and my average is well over what they ask for. I'm not sure if the call meant anything, or if they just do it for everyone.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aquarius aquarius
Got a call over the weekend. Apparently ,they just started looking at the applications.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of honourstudent101 honourstudent101
I got a call as well my average is barely over the cut-off. Unfortunately, my dad pick it up because I wasn't there.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of pupil pupil
I got an offer of admission today for the Biomedical program :D (it was on my OUAC). Good luck to you all!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Goodman Goodman
Accepted today for Criminal Justice and Public policy.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of amberlouise amberlouise
would you mind sharing your average? If not I understand :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of deannaglasgow deannaglasgow
Accepted today for Animal Biology!!! My first choice. (:

I did get a phone call, but it came after my acceptance.

Marks (so far):
ENG4U1 - 85%
MHF4U1 - 73%
SCH4U1 - 90%
SBI3U1 - 85%
SPH3U1 - 90%
Foods - 93%
Art - 91%
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of pupil pupil
If the above question was directed at me, the marks Guelph would have seen are:

ENG4U: 90
MHF3U: 90
SBI3U: 90
HRT3M: 93
SCH3U: 94
SPH3U: 95
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Slates77 Slates77
Just got in for Computer Science.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of driedapples23 driedapples23
Congrats on your acceptances! Did anyone get accepted into Biomedical Engineering at Guelph?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cm0011 cm0011
If you were asking me, I'd find that interesting, because I did get a call from Guelph, asking if I had any questions about my program, and they gave me lots of good information, nothing about being accepted though. Then I found out yesterday that I'd been accepted almost a week ago :P I haven't received any email/call confirmation, except for the OUAC confirmation, so the call might have been a little "sign" type of thing lol. Congrats though, I got into Computer Science :p
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Goodman Goodman
For whoever was asking. My average was 91. With a 94 in gr 12 English.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kris10toll kris10toll
I got accepted for Psych yesterday, and I got a phone call about a week before, but I didn't actually speak to anyone > it was a voicemail. Currently have a 93 average, but I think the one they would have seen was closer to 91.
Good luck!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jessdeeare jessdeeare
Got accepted yesterday to Guelph's Honours Science :) My last choice though, but good luck guys! Avrg this sem = 93.3
Was this helpful? Yes 0