yconic - Guelph Biomed
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Guelph Biomed

A photo of megan16 megan16
Hey, has anyone on here gotten into Guelph Biomed yet? What were your top 6/ date of acceptance?

Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of dillabbo dillabbo
They are doing their acceptances around mid-may for midterm influenced marks. Just be patient? HAHA
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of biosci biosci
Biomedical sciences makes you wait for a while if you don't have stellar marks! Just hang in there guys. The cut off last year was 87% I heard.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of WendyLai WendyLai
TREMBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Lilyanne Lilyanne
hmmm... I don't think that the cut off is 87 this year... I got an acceptance earlier this year with a final first sem avg of 87.8. So their cutoff shouldn't Be 87...

But that's just my speculation...

Good luck!! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of guimauves guimauves
Has anybody gotten in during May admissions?
I'm sitting right at an 87 right now
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RedMittenDoc RedMittenDoc

@megan16 wrote
Hey, has anyone on here gotten into Guelph Biomed yet? What were your top 6/ date of acceptance?

Could I ask what your average was? Also what the average of most people who got in was?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@biosci wrote
Biomedical sciences makes you wait for a while if you don't have stellar marks! Just hang in there guys. The cut off last year was 87% I heard.

What would stellar mark be?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

bump
Was this helpful? Yes 0

please anyone know?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
I find it hard to believe the cutoff was 87%; that was probably the admission average - big difference.

I know the biological sciences program typically has a cut-off (I'm not confusing "cut-off" with "admission average" here) of around 82%. This means that if you had a top 6 average of 82%, you would have got accepted in past years. An 84% top 6 average should guarantee you acceptance this year (to biological sciences... sorry, I don't know the details for the biomed program). I'm fairly confident, though not certain, that if you do get accepted into biological sciences but not biomed you'll be able to transfer into biomed after first year, possibly even after second year, OR at the very least will likely be able to take a lot of the same courses as someone who is in biomed.

(FYI, I realize this is an old thread - my response is targeted toward RedMittenDoc). RMD, you should search something along the lines of "Guelph biomed acceptance" using this forum's search function.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of megan16 megan16
Hey,

for biomed the cutoff was about 86-87, for biological sci it is a lot lower. I got in with an 88.7 average. it's actually pretty difficult to get into biomed after high school, you have to maintain a high average in first year and then compete against any other applicants, but it's definitely possible. if you have any other questions let me know :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0