yconic - Guelph Residence .. HELP!!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Guelph Residence .. HELP!!

A photo of jluksts jluksts
I will be attending Guelph in the fall for biomedical science! I am very excited but I still have to apply by residence and the application is due on Thursday! I went for a tour last weekend of the residences, and I know for a fact that I could not see myself enjoying South.. It was just too crowded and claustrophobic for me. However I did like the North and East residences. My question is which buildings/areas would you recommend? And why? Any experiences or opinions you have to share are greatly appreciated and will help me a lot in making my decision!

Thank you so much!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of CatRunner CatRunner

@jluksts wrote
I will be attending Guelph in the fall for biomedical science! I am very excited but I still have to apply by residence and the application is due on Thursday! I went for a tour last weekend of the residences, and I know for a fact that I could not see myself enjoying South.. It was just too crowded and claustrophobic for me. However I did like the North and East residences. My question is which buildings/areas would you recommend? And why? Any experiences or opinions you have to share are greatly appreciated and will help me a lot in making my decision!

Thank you so much!

South isn't that bad, but if you can't see yourself there, well, that's one less option. I was in South because I asked for a quiet/study intense area, and that's where it was located. I need my sleep (8 hours a night) and although I like to have fun on weekends, during the week I like to focus on studying. So with the quiet area I was able to study during the week, get the amount of sleep I needed, and still have fun and go out partying and dancing on weekends.

Most people I know in East are second-year students. They apply to share a suite or townhouse with friends they made in first year. Otherwise, it can suck to get stuck with a bunch of total strangers, sharing a suite if you don't like or get along with them. But if you are the type who gets along with everyone, and don't care if people are neat/messy/whatever in the shared kitchen, then it might work for you.

All of the North residences are pretty nice. Most people rave about Johnston, but I don't see the appeal myself (I had friends who lived there). Some of the rooms were nice, but others weren't.

If you want to see some "virtual tours" of the residences, you can take a look here: http://www.youtube.com/uofgstudenthousing/
Was this helpful? Yes 0