yconic - Guelph Residence
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Guelph Residence

A photo of T2716 T2716
Hi!
I am currently applying for residence for fall 2012/winter 2013 and I need some opinions.
I really want to have the option of cooking anytime so east residence is my first & second choice (single and double room), followed by Johnston double which I was really impressed by. For my last option I am debating bettween a cluster (might end up in south which looks like a jail...), Johnston single (seems a bit lonely to have a single) or 3 person apartment in south (I've never seen this one before but I like the idea of having my own kitchen)...what do you guys think? which residence are you applying to?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of amberlouise amberlouise
Johnston! For sure lol! South really isn't that bad either though . But I applied to johnston ,Mac and Lambton :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of honourstudent101 honourstudent101
I applied to south and Mills but trying to get into study intensive. (Personally I need my 8 hours of sleep and some quiet time)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of seasharp seasharp
When I was on my March Break tour we toured South and Johnston - both looked really great. Not sure what the others are like.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of driedapples23 driedapples23
Does South have a common bathroom or can you share a bathroom between 4 people?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of honourstudent101 honourstudent101

@driedapples23 wrote
Does South have a common bathroom or can you share a bathroom between 4 people?

I not 100% sure but I think for brick you share with (don't quote me on this) 10 people and then with paper you share with the floor. If you live in a quad it's with 4 people and with 3 person apt it's with 3 people.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of amberlouise amberlouise
My boyfriend was in a brick in south last year and it was shared on a floor with 5 people. I have no idea how many people the papers are shared with but south has quite the variety of room styles so I think it's just a chance you are taking when you apply to that res. Hope that helps! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0