yconic - Guelph residence
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Guelph residence

A photo of Smiles93 Smiles93
So my first question is, how do they choose roomates?
Do you fill out a form and they pair you up with the best match? They never mentioned this, so I don't really know.

Second, I have no idea which residence to choose. I do wish to live in an academic cluster for Biological science, though.

Any help?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of devi devi
yeah there is a questionnaire that you fill out, i think the housing services should email you when you are supposed to do this.. and then sometime in the summer they will post your room info on your account so you can log in and see who your roommate is and where you'll be living.

as for choosing where you want to live, when you fill out the form just put the cluster as your first choice and that will take priority over your other choices, so even if the cluster is not in a building you put as your 2nd 3rd and 4th choice they will still put you in it. clusters are awesome btw so good choice
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Smiles93 Smiles93

@devi wrote
yeah there is a questionnaire that you fill out, i think the housing services should email you when you are supposed to do this.. and then sometime in the summer they will post your room info on your account so you can log in and see who your roommate is and where you'll be living.

as for choosing where you want to live, when you fill out the form just put the cluster as your first choice and that will take priority over your other choices, so even if the cluster is not in a building you put as your 2nd 3rd and 4th choice they will still put you in it. clusters are awesome btw so good choice

Thanks.

So for more detail:

In the pamphlet they gave, it says that johnston hall, lennox/addington, south, and lambton have clusters. But on their website, they excluded johnston hall as having clusters.

The thing is, I really like johnston hall - the rooms look nice and its so close to the science complex.

I have no idea how to rank my choices now.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dillabbo dillabbo
What's the best residence for location to science buildings, student life, parties, cleanliness and spacial arrangement of dorms? Is it Johnston Hall?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of egbert egbert

@Smiles93 wrote

Thanks.

So for more detail:

In the pamphlet they gave, it says that johnston hall, lennox/addington, south, and lambton have clusters. But on their website, they excluded johnston hall as having clusters.

The thing is, I really like johnston hall - the rooms look nice and its so close to the science complex.

Last year johnston had two clusters in it..i think it generally has at least one. I'm not entirely sure whether or not it will have one next year but if you send an email to housing@uoguelph.ca they will answer you in a couple of business days.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of devi devi

@Smiles93 wrote

@devi wrote

Thanks.

So for more detail:

well first of all definitely dont base it on "its close to the science complex". all buildings are pretty close together its maybe 2 minute longer walk if u live in any of the other north residences. and you wont even have any classes in the science complex other than chem labs. plus the other north residences are close to the LA Pit which is ideal if your hungry at like 8 PM and want food. (LA Pit was the best thing ever, I dont know what I would have done if I lived in johnston instead of addington and didnt have this LOL)

if you put you want to live in a cluster i dont think they even look at your other choices so you will end up wherever they put you. its up to you to decide if you want that, or if you want to put johnston as your first choice and the cluster as your second choice. its up to you. (im not certain on this but i guess u could email them) i would definitely choose the cluster though as all the residences are pretty nice and i wouldnt be that picky with it..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted