yconic - guelph
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

guelph

A photo of ListenToYourHeart ListenToYourHeart
has anyone applied to/does anyone go to guelph for social sciences? preferably sociology or criminology? if so, i was wondering if i could ask a quick question if anyone could answer it.. :)
if i were to apply to criminology would i still be able to take some courses from sociology and vise versa?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of awaysheflew awaysheflew
Hi!

I'm a Guelph student, but I'm not in Sociology or CJPP, but I can help you out.

Yes, you definitely take courses Sociology courses if you're a CJPP major and vice versa, unless the courses are specifically restricted to a particular major. But that's mainly 4th year courses.

Just make sure that you pay attention to the prerequisites for the courses that you want to take.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ListenToYourHeart ListenToYourHeart

@awaysheflew wrote
Hi!

I'm a Guelph student, but I'm not in Sociology or CJPP, but I can help you out.

Yes, you definitely take courses Sociology courses if you're a CJPP major and vice versa, unless the courses are specifically restricted to a particular major. But that's mainly 4th year courses.

Just make sure that you pay attention to the prerequisites for the courses that you want to take.

thankss! i actually ended up emailing one of the professors from cjpp about it a bit but thanks!
and the prerequisites for courses in first year? :S
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of devi devi
I RUN SHIT AT GUELPH
Was this helpful? Yes 0