yconic - Guelph
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Guelph

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I applied for biological sciences with an 86 average, will I be okay?
What did you guys apply for?
Why did you choose guelph?
I'm excited to go, provided that I get in. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of kevinlated kevinlated
Yeah the majority of people in Biological science enter with 80+ so you should be fine.

If you are looking into trying for med school you might want to look at the biomedical science program, in third year you have an option to work with human cadavers.
Usually the cut off for biomedical science is 85+ and once you are in the program you have to maintain a 75% average in University or you will be put into biological sciences.
Also, if you apply for Biomedical science and are not accepted you will automatically be considered for biological science.

good luck.
O and I chose Guelph for my undergrad because it has a good science program and it is located in a nice town.

@maramil wrote

Was this helpful? Yes 0

@kevinlated wrote
Yeah the majority of people in Biological science enter with 80+ so you should be fine.

If you are looking into trying for med school you might want to look at the biomedical science program, in third year you have an option to work with human cadavers.
Usually the cut off for biomedical science is 85+ and once you are in the program you have to maintain a 75% average in University or you will be put into biological sciences.
Also, if you apply for Biomedical science and are not accepted you will automatically be considered for biological science.

good luck.
O and I chose Guelph for my undergrad because it has a good science program and it is located in a nice town.

@maramil wrote

Although the biomed program seems very good and interesting, I think that biosci would be a better fit for me. I heard that it provides more room for change and flexibility.
I have a question about the human cadaver opportunity. If I decide to do human kinetics after first year, do I still get the opportunity to work with cadavers in anatomy class, or is that only available for biomed students?
Thanks for your help. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of random random
I applied for Nutritional and Nutraceutical Sciences, but probably won't go because I don't know anyone at Guelph or who's going to Guelph. A mid-size university appealed to me though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@maramil wrote

@kevinlated wrote

good luck.

@maramil wrote

Although the biomed program seems very good and interesting, I think that biosci would be a better fit for me. I heard that it provides more room for change and flexibility.
I have a question about the human cadaver opportunity. If I decide to do human kinetics after first year, do I still get the opportunity to work with cadavers in anatomy class, or is that only available for biomed students?
Thanks for your help. :)

I too applied for Guelph but for Biomedical. I had the opportunity to visit Guelph University and I absolutely loved it. I got to speak to a professor in the Biomedical department and in actual fact the opportunity to work with human cadaver is ONLY guaranteed to the human kinetics student. The others apparently have to get permission to get into the human cadaver program. They only take x number of students to work with human cadavers.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I'm thinking of going into human kinetics, but I'm also thinking about going into vet so I'm still a little undecided at the moment.
As for the university itself, I haven't had the opportunity to visit but I feel like the atmosphere and size are definite winners.
It seems like an all around great school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0