yconic - Guide to success Revealed
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Guide to success Revealed

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Hi,
I will be applying to Ivey HBA in grade 12, currently my grade 11 average is 96% overall and I am in the high school student parliament, eco club, improv team, I play for a my town's soccer team, play basketball at the community centre on weekends, volunteer at a firm, and I am also a junior life guard.

Are the following courses ok for gr 12, as i want to become a CA and really like business:

Calculus
Advanced Functions
English
Accounting
International Business
Economics
Data Management

I want to take data in the summer, how hard is it?

Should I take it in normal semester, but that would mean 2 maths in one semester, pls give me some advice.

If I take data in normal semester then should I take English in the summer, since I want to have 1 spare each semester.

Pls advice me more advice if you think that the courses are balanced out or are they all very difficult.

can u also rate how difficult you think my next year would be from a scale from 1 to 10.

I also want to know that how difficult is uni for business degrees like BBA or BCOM. I love business and i read have read many books on banking, finance and economics in my free time. Pls advice me more as i want to be a CA and what you think about my marks and EC's.
thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
You're damn keen if you're only grade eleven.

If you want to be extremely loaft your grade twelve year (most kids going for business in university can afford that luxury), you should seriously consider fast tracking data management. Its ease is definitely teacher-dependent, so I'd ask your upper year friends in your region if that course tends to be easy. However, you'll be able to only have 6 courses during the grade twelve year, which is substantially easier.

It's almost impossible to gauge the actual difficulty of your year. It depends on how much stress you decide to put yourself under, but your courses aren't terribly difficult. Again, much of the evaluation depends on your teachers, but the grade twelve curriculum isn't too rigorous. You're not taking any sciences and high school business tends to be pretty "jokes" overall. I wouldn't worry too much about your course load and again, if you fast track data you'll have 3 courses per semester, which will make you feel like a part time student.

If you actually want to succeed in business, try becoming more presentable. Try not creating multiple threads for example. I do admire your adventurous use of the English language, but perhaps you should consider using more traditional forms of spelling and grammar? I hear using paragraphs is pretty common now too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ilikeyork ilikeyork

@onlymatthew wrote

If you actually want to succeed in business, try becoming more presentable. Try not creating multiple threads for example. I do admire your adventurous use of the English language, but perhaps you should consider using more traditional forms of spelling and grammar? I hear using paragraphs is pretty common now too.

lol...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BudsFan94 BudsFan94
I would suggest taking English in summer school. It makes your Grade 12 year much easier (my friends did it). However, I took Data Management this summer and found it alright too. If you despise Math like I do, then take Data during the summer, but if you don't mind math then I suggest taking English.
Was this helpful? Yes 0