yconic - Guys, what qualities in a girl attract you? (Girls feel free to answer about guys)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Guys, what qualities in a girl attract you? (Girls feel free to answer about guys)

A photo of brady23 brady23
For me, I personally love a girl that:

1) has intelligence - I can't stand girls that act stupid on purpose. It does what they want, it makes them look stupid.

2) Down to earth & easygoing - I love girls that are just so easy to talk to about anything

3) humour - know guys have to make girls laugh, but it's always nice when she can make me laugh too

4) Best-friend quality. In a girlfriend, in order to be truly close with her, she needs to be someone I can be 100% myself with. A best friend among best friend, I guess.

5) Confidence/ambition - I love girls who have a goal (whether to work for World Vision, or become a doctor), anything where I can see their passion for what they love

6) Fun. I would love to have a girl who knows when to be romantic and loving, and who also knows when to just be fun. Too much "mushy gushy" is a turn off.

What about you guys?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
70 replies

A photo of KingKhan KingKhan
Can honestly say that my girlfriend matches each and every one of the qualities you listed.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Melodydrama Melodydrama
For a guy:

-Intelligence: This is the biggest thing for me, it makes conversation so much easier
-Ability to argue: This is a must, I can't stand people that just say yes to everything and always let me win arguments. I argue everything, and a guy that poses no challenge whatsoever is boring.
-Easy going: I am high strung enough for two people, a guy that can handle that with ease while remaining calm wins lots of points.

Those are the three things I think are most attractive. There are other things, like being able to make me laugh (not difficult..) and being a good listener, but those are things that are basic for being a good communicator.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of OscarUK OscarUK

@jbartolome wrote
Well for guys, I like a lot of things, some physical and some personal traits.

Physical:
- A decent kisser: Doesn't have to be making out with me all the time, but I hate it when they're kisses are sloppy, gross feeling, and nervous. At least make the effort to make the moment special.

- Confident about his height: Girls are always complaining about a guy who is too tall or too short for them. I don't think they consider that girls are probably the problem, THEM being too tall or too short. The guy shouldn't worry if he's shorter or taller than me, just show your confident, and take it from there.

- Doesn't wear too much gel/Axe ; too much of it is a turn off.

Personal:
- A good listener: I don't think guys realize that when a girl calls them, they aren't necessarily asking for advice. I mostly just want someone to talk to. Guys should listen to us, and occasionally add sentences in the story like "no way", "oh really?", "that's great!". Girls appreciate the small stuff.

-Smart enough: I HATE it when I use a word like, "personify" and the guy doesn't even know what it means. He should at least be somewhat intelligent, and cares about school (cause I do)

- Loyal This one is huge. Like, you chose to date me, then stick with me, don't go off and fool around.

- Not awkward: I don't think guys realize how girls try to start a conversation and they just.. kill it. Ex: "Hey how was your day?" "good" "What did you do?" "nothing much." "Oh that's cool" "Yup".

- Doesn't complain: Life is unfair, deal with it.

- Remembers our anniversary/ monthary/ when we first started dating. It hurts when guys forget.

- Knows how to comfort, basically , just know the girl and how she likes to be cuddled, etc.

I'm going to take a guess and say you're single.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bcd92 bcd92
For a guy, he MUST be SMART, SWEET, SEXY :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BrunoMars BrunoMars
I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CANNOT LIE!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@bcd92 wrote
For a guy, he MUST be SMART, SWEET, SEXY :D

Well you know what they say; opposites attract.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@OscarUK wrote

@jbartolome wrote

Physical:
- A decent kisser: Doesn't have to be making out with me all the time, but I hate it when they're kisses are sloppy, gross feeling, and nervous. At least make the effort to make the moment special.

- Confident about his height: Girls are always complaining about a guy who is too tall or too short for them. I don't think they consider that girls are probably the problem, THEM being too tall or too short. The guy shouldn't worry if he's shorter or taller than me, just show your confident, and take it from there.

Personal:
- A good listener: I don't think guys realize that when a girl calls them, they aren't necessarily asking for advice. I mostly just want someone to talk to. Guys should listen to us, and occasionally add sentences in the story like "no way", "oh really?", "that's great!". Girls appreciate the small stuff.

-Smart enough: I HATE it when I use a word like, "personify" and the guy doesn't even know what it means. He should at least be somewhat intelligent, and cares about school (cause I do)

- Loyal This one is huge. Like, you chose to date me, then stick with me, don't go off and fool around.

- Not awkward: I don't think guys realize how girls try to start a conversation and they just.. kill it. Ex: "Hey how was your day?" "good" "What did you do?" "nothing much." "Oh that's cool" "Yup".

- Remembers our anniversary/ monthary/ when we first started dating. It hurts when guys forget.

- Knows how to comfort, basically , just know the girl and how she likes to be cuddled, etc.

Hahaha, surprisingly your wrong on that one. Let me guess, you're single?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel

@jbartolome wrote

Anniversaries should be ANNUAL. I think it's so juvenile to celebrate "3 month anniversaries" or anything like that. Or 2 week anniversaries, which were a big deal in junior high
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of random random

@ktel wrote

@jbartolome wrote

Anniversaries should be ANNUAL. I think it's so juvenile to celebrate "3 month anniversaries" or anything like that. Or 2 week anniversaries, which were a big deal in junior high

I lol'd at "monthary". People with such specific expectations need to know that their partner has a life too and it's impossible to meet all of them. Their lives don't revolve around you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Katraa Katraa
The guy should be:
-smart
-have common interests with me, or else we won't have anything to do together or talk about
-a good listener
-good looking =D
-taller than me!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@jbartolome wrote

@OscarUK wrote

@jbartolome wrote

Physical:

Personal:

Poor guy, you sound like the definition of high maintenance. For a girl who moans about guys not being smart enough for her, you should also probably know the difference between "your" and "you're". No I'm not, I was for about 3 years prior to last, but just coming up to one year with my girlfriend this month, thanks for asking.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ktel wrote

@jbartolome wrote

Agreed, anyone who celebrates anything other than an anniversary (in terms of weeks or months) knows it won't last so they feel the need to celebrate for achieving a meaningless milestone.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour
A guy who likes me, is nice and fairly intelligent, and has a decent taste in music.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Quant Quant

@jbartolome wrote

This is a completely unrealistic expectation to have of guys in their 20s or late teens. It's also very self-centered.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I want a girl who is rich, generous and not unwilling to part with her wealth.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
someone who has at least 2000 posts on studentawards
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456

@Xiaohaha wrote
I want a girl who is rich, generous and not unwilling to part with her wealth.

Word up. Honesty is a virtue.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel

@Quant wrote

@jbartolome wrote

This is a completely unrealistic expectation to have of guys in their 20s or late teens. It's also very self-centered.

I don't think it's unrealistic to expect to be in a monogamous relationship, if that's what both parties have agreed to. I know plenty of guys who want to be monogamous.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@OscarUK wrote

@jbartolome wrote

@OscarUK wrote

@jbartolome wrote

Physical:

Personal:

Poor guy, you sound like the definition of high maintenance. For a girl who moans about guys not being smart enough for her, you should also probably know the difference between "your" and "you're". No I'm not, I was for about 3 years prior to last, but just coming up to one year with my girlfriend this month, thanks for asking.

First of all, I wasn't speaking about him specifically. I think that you obviously have the wrong idea. The topic was "What qualities in a girl attract to you" - so in my case, what qualities should a guys have that attracts to me. Unfortunately, you jump to conclusions when answering my quotation. Doesn't mean I don't like the guy, doesn't mean that the guy should be this 100% description, I was speaking of experience when talking about "what attracts" me to a guy.
Secondly, I think you should be a little more respectful about a person posting their opinion. You don't necessarily have to agree.
And third - sorry that my English isn't up to your standards. Unfortunately, you don't know anything about me, you don't know what kind of family I come from, or that maybe English is my second language. I'm still working on it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@random wrote

@ktel wrote

@jbartolome wrote

I lol'd at "monthary". People with such specific expectations need to know that their partner has a life too and it's impossible to meet all of them. Their lives don't revolve around you.

Never said it revolved around me, and never said we had to celebrate it. It would be nice if they kept track, because for me, time is important. It shows commitment, and where my family comes from, that's what's most important.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Quant wrote

@jbartolome wrote

Well that's quite rude of you to say.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Quant Quant

@ktel wrote

@Quant wrote

@jbartolome wrote

I don't think it's unrealistic to expect to be in a monogamous relationship, if that's what both parties have agreed to. I know plenty of guys who want to be monogamous.

I don't know why I said "unrealistic." I meant to say "unreasonable." It is an unreasonable expectation to have. I am not denying there are many who do want to be monogamous, but you can't expect it of them. A lot (most?) guys "agree" to be in a monogamous relationship (despite the fact that they do not intend on keeping this promise) because of this unreasonable expectation and due to the fact that most girls will refuse to engage in any sort of sexual activity in the absence of a promise of monogamy.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Quant Quant

@jbartolome wrote

@Quant wrote

@jbartolome wrote

Well that's quite rude of you to say.

*shrug* It's true.
Was this helpful? Yes 0