yconic - Gym teacher + a few other questions
Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Gym teacher + a few other questions

A photo of Mac12 Mac12

I am currently a kinesiology student. I was looking at the teacher college requirements and many of them require activity courses as pre-reqs for Health/PE teachers. My university does not offer activity courses for kinesiology students. Are there any teachers college programs I can apply to?

- Also I have a few other questions, once I am certified in Ontario, is it possiable to be certified to teach in other provinces/countries? If so how?

-How hard right now it is to get a job as a gym/geography teacher?

Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies
A photo of michaelplease michaelplease
It is possible to be certified in other provinces. Look up the teachers' associations for each of the provinces you are interested in working in. There will be more information there.

I have heard it is quite difficult to get a job as a gym/geography/socials teacher. Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0