yconic - Has anyone ever heard of Weinreb School internships?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Has anyone ever heard of Weinreb School internships?

A photo of joeyzs2 joeyzs2
I was just wondering if anyone knows what it is like or if you know anyone who has done an internship with them?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@joeyzs2 wrote
I was just wondering if anyone knows what it is like or if you know anyone who has done an internship with them?

I know one of the recruiters for the Weinreb School of Accounting and I know a few people who have done it. Personally, I haven't done it but it is legitimate.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ZFero wrote

@joeyzs2 wrote

I know one of the recruiters for the Weinreb School of Accounting and I know a few people who have done it. Personally, I haven't done it but it is legitimate.

Would you recommend it to someone who hasn't taken accounting before, based on what you've heard?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@joeyzs2 wrote

@ZFero wrote

@joeyzs2 wrote

Would you recommend it to someone who hasn't taken accounting before, based on what you've heard?

Would you like me to get you in touch with one of my friends, who works in the Weinreb School Of Accounting? He is an honest guy who can give you a fair outlook of the program. If I wanted to pursue Accounting, I would definitely consider this school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ZFero wrote

@joeyzs2 wrote

@ZFero wrote

@joeyzs2 wrote

Would you like me to get you in touch with one of my friends, who works in the Weinreb School Of Accounting? He is an honest guy who can give you a fair outlook of the program. If I wanted to pursue Accounting, I would definitely consider this school.

Ya, that'd be great! Despite my friend's reassurance, I'm sure accounting knowledge will be needed throughout the internship...
Btw I'm doing AEO + Econ as well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of gterr gterr
It's a con.

I know this is a necropost, but this should be known. AVOID this school at all costs. Not only is the management horrible (the owner is hardly literate), they will drop you like a fly if they dislike you. I have a classmate who worked there while I was there as an intern there for a month and was kicked out, reference letter stripped and all. As an unpaid internship, I feel as if it's entirely worthless (not to mention that they just use you to rep their school for their own profit). I was pretty much doing b*tch work for 3 months under the "committee".

They'll do whatever they can to hook you in too (advertising online, false stats...), they tell people that 90% of past students were employed (nice clean statistic right there). You're free to check out the website for yourself, it's pretty sketch...

http://weinrebschool.com/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of jinny456 jinny456
I had a 91.7% average and I was rejected . I got into every university program I wanted . Their standards are not realistic.
Was this helpful? Yes 0