yconic - Has anyone gotten McGill's early admission?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Has anyone gotten McGill's early admission?

A photo of hjt hjt
Hey guys,

Im a student from BC who applied to McGill life sc and biomed this year... on their website they said early admission decisions will be posted from feb2 to feb29, and today is feb27 already but i still havent heard from them. My status is still ready for review and im checking it EVERYDAY.... not many ppl in my high school applied to mcgill so i dont know anyone who has been accepted.

just wanted to know if anyone here already got their offer? and if you dont mind, would you tell me your five classes averages? mine is 95.2% and i thought early admission wouldnt be a problem, but im not sure how the process works.

also, mcgill didnt want us to send the transcripts yet, right? im so confused plz help me QAQ
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of 6x7 6x7

@hjt wrote
Hey guys,

Im a student from BC who applied to McGill life sc and biomed this year... on their website they said early admission decisions will be posted from feb2 to feb29, and today is feb27 already but i still havent heard from them. My status is still ready for review and im checking it EVERYDAY.... not many ppl in my high school applied to mcgill so i dont know anyone who has been accepted.

just wanted to know if anyone here already got their offer? and if you dont mind, would you tell me your five classes averages? mine is 95.2% and i thought early admission wouldnt be a problem, but im not sure how the process works.

also, mcgill didnt want us to send the transcripts yet, right? im so confused plz help me QAQ

86.8 was last year's cut off, so you are safe for admission- probably even early admission since you are above 94%. Don't worry, at least you will hear earlier than me. I live in Ontario and i hear by March-May! :S

However, I do believe out of province students who were also not in Ontario were required to send an electronic transcript? Not the official transcript until late spring. http://www.mcgill.ca/applying/submitting_your_documents/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mrhenryyu mrhenryyu
hey,

I don't know if this will help, but im an Ontario student in IB. I just checked the site and ive received an acceptance, pending final results. For ontario and quebec, im pretty sure that we do not need to submit anything, but i do not know if that is the case for BC.

My overall average is around the same as yours. I have a 95.5, however, my sciences/maths were very strong, however, my below-par english mark of 80 dropped my average to 95.5. I think if you have that score, you will probably have no problem getting into mcgill.
Was this helpful? Yes 1

A photo of 6x7 6x7

@mrhenryyu wrote
hey,

I don't know if this will help, but im an Ontario student in IB. I just checked the site and ive received an acceptance, pending final results. For ontario and quebec, im pretty sure that we do not need to submit anything, but i do not know if that is the case for BC.

My overall average is around the same as yours. I have a 95.5, however, my sciences/maths were very strong, however, my below-par english mark of 80 dropped my average to 95.5. I think if you have that score, you will probably have no problem getting into mcgill.

Hey, CONGRATULATIONS!

I am an Ontario student as well! I just checked my status right now after you said that your were admitted, and guess what?

Apparently I am admitted as well! Just haven't gotten my email yet, but it says so on Minerva. :cheers:

I'm kind of surprised since it isn't even March yet (early acceptance for us Ontario students).

Anyway, now it's down to U of T or McGill for me.

To OP: My average is lower than yours, about 92-93.5 actually (92 without AP courses, 93.5 with them) so you will definitely get in if I got in via early acceptance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@6x7 wrote

@mrhenryyu wrote
hey,

Hey, CONGRATULATIONS!

I am an Ontario student as well! I just checked my status right now after you said that your were admitted, and guess what?

Apparently I am admitted as well! Just haven't gotten my email yet, but it says so on Minerva. :cheers:

I'm kind of surprised since it isn't even March yet (early acceptance for us Ontario students).

Anyway, now it's down to U of T or McGill for me.

To OP: My average is lower than yours, about 92-93.5 actually (92 without AP courses, 93.5 with them) so you will definitely get in if I got in via early acceptance.

Congrats! what program tho?
I applied for business and the status updated from "ready for review" this morning to "decision release date: March 01, 2012"... Do you think that i got accepted and mcgill just wants to wait till march 01 as stated on its website for early acceptance before changing it to "admitted pending final results"?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of veggieblob veggieblob

@hjt wrote
Hey guys,

I'm from B.C. also, and we have to upload our transcripts, but I'm pretty sure that takes place after we've been accepted... Which we haven't >_> My average is 95 and I applied for the Arts early on, so I don't know why I haven't heard back either. I've been checking Minerva all the time as well :/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LexaMarie LexaMarie
Yeap, I received my Chemical engineering acceptance on February 14th and my second choice, BSc Biol, Biomed & Life Sci, today! I'm from Manitoba and my average is over 95, but I'm also in IB so I have already completed many of my grade 12 classes :) I wish you luck and hope you hear soon!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 6x7 6x7

@Joshki wrote

Congrats! what program tho?
I applied for business and the status updated from "ready for review" this morning to "decision release date: March 01, 2012"... Do you think that i got accepted and mcgill just wants to wait till march 01 as stated on its website for early acceptance before changing it to "admitted pending final results"?

Oh mine wasn't for Commerce/Business. It was for the Arts, so that probably figures why I have been offered Early Acceptance.

All I know is that progroams like Commerce/Business truly follow the release dates- and with an average like yours, I would say that you're in the ball park for getting an acceptance on March 1st. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hjt hjt
Heyy thank you all so much for answering my question!
i just checked the minerva and found my status to be "admitted pending final results". I assume this is early admittion? only that they have to receive my final transcript and my graduation diploma, right?

and also an other question if you dont mind, when i self-reported my grades, my second language mark was 100, but then the final mark dropped to 99. Will this, in any ways, affect my admission? I actually took this class online (this is a second language calss French12), and i assume Mcgill will take online classes into consideration?

THANK YOU SO MUCH~
Was this helpful? Yes 0