yconic - Has Anyone heard from McGill yet?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Has Anyone heard from McGill yet?

A photo of masterman111 masterman111
Im getting really worried and frustrated. I just want to know!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
22 replies

A photo of rfeng rfeng
I have
Was this helpful? Yes 0

and?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

and?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of NadihaChelsea NadihaChelsea
I got admitted to McGill with the entrance scholarhsip :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
McGill started admitting people in February a little after their deadline. I still haven't heart anything...don't really expect to until April/May anyways lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of vickihsieh vickihsieh
I'm waiting to hear from McGill too. For those who got accepted already, what are your averages? Did you get accepted based on your self reported marks?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of giela25 giela25
I want to know too!!!! The wait is horrible!! Plus I've been dreaming of going there since forever! Already got in Universite de Montreal, but McGill is still my top choice. Also waiting for Laval, but doesn't matter, I really don't want to go there. My average this year is a 92, and last year *grimaces* it was extremely bad (82.5).

Hopefully they'll take the tremendous increase as a good rather than a negative factor.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of giela25 giela25
I applied for the Bachelor fo Arts btw. Oh and I'm French, dunno if that's of any relevance (I know it is for other Quebecois schools, but I'm not sure about McGill). My SAT and TOEFL scores are also above the minimum requirement, by far for the TOEFL and the SAT subjects, and for the normal SAT, over by like twenty points for Writing and Critical Reading (Math was...not so good).

Hopefully the person reviewing my case will be extremely charitable. *sigh*
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BigDreamer19 BigDreamer19
Nope, I just hope that I hear back soon. What program did you guys apply to in McGill??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of entanglement entanglement
I got accepted on Friday for ECE.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of krankd krankd
I just got accepted today into civil engineering based off my self-reported grades.
NadihaChelsea, how do you know if you got the entrance scholarship?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki
you guys arent from quebec or ontario right? cuz for ontario, early acceptance starts on march 1. Also, do you have average far exceeding the cut off?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of krankd krankd
No I'm from Alberta, that might be why I got earlier acceptance than others.
My average was 1% higher than last years cut off I think... not too much higher but i had 4/6 courses complete by the time I did my self-reported grades.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of levittron levittron
I got in today for arts. Commerce is still pending review.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LexaMarie LexaMarie
Yes, I got my acceptance to Chemical Engineering on the 14th of this month and I received my acceptance to my second choice, faculty of science, today! I'm from Manitoba and my grade 9-11 average was above 95, I'm also in IB so I completed many of my grade 12 courses in grade 11. Good luck and hopefully you'll hear back soon! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles

@LexaMarie wrote
Yes, I got my acceptance to Chemical Engineering on the 14th of this month and I received my acceptance to my second choice, faculty of science, today! I'm from Manitoba and my grade 9-11 average was above 95, I'm also in IB so I completed many of my grade 12 courses in grade 11. Good luck and hopefully you'll hear back soon! :)

Which stream for science? Just curious :) Congrats though!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 6x7 6x7
I have!

I am an Ontario student who just got admitted into the Arts for McGill today.

I didn't get an email or mail package yet, but it says "Admitted" on my application status on Minerva, which is exciting! :)

Anyone else for the Arts who is an Ontario student?

Congratulations to everyone so far!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LexaMarie LexaMarie

@iliketurtles wrote

@LexaMarie wrote

Which stream for science? Just curious :) Congrats though!

BSc Biol, Biomed & Life Sci :) and thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of veggieblob veggieblob
I sent in my self-reported marks early January and still haven't heard back from them :/ I'm from B.C. with a 95 average, and I have friends who have lower averages who have already been accepted.

Ahh, the wait. :bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of coolshoes coolshoes
My online application status for science says: ready for review, which it didn't before, so im hoping they'll reply soon. As for the arts faculty, it said the "release date" for their response to application is March the 1st!!
So.. it's a good idea to check your online account. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki
[quote=coolshoes]As for the arts faculty, it said the "release date" for their response to application is March the 1st!!
[quote]

I think that just means you got accepted to arts but they wont release this until march 1st since it says early acceptance starts on march 1st on its website.

i have the samething for my business and arts programs, so fingers crossed we got accepted. its only 1 day away till we find out:D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kaitlynjardine kaitlynjardine
I was accepted February 27.
I'm from Ontario, 96.3% average, applied to Secondary English and Arts
Was this helpful? Yes 0