yconic - Has Queen's started giving out acceptance yet? Not chancellor candidates
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Has Queen's started giving out acceptance yet? Not chancellor candidates

A photo of DeanVermillion DeanVermillion
Has Queen's started yet? like the normal selection process, not automatic acceptance given to the chancellor candidates.

I submitted my PSE on Feb 15, haven't heard anything back from Queen's yet.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of s2princess s2princess
I haven't heard back either.
I saw that thread about acceptances and freaked out a bit, but those who have gotten acceptances have mostly seemed to be those up for a big scholarship and/or submitted their supplementaries wayyy back (like October).
No worries, I'm sure you'll get in soon!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4
queens normally starts giving out commerce acceptances in april to non-chanc people.. se we still got some waiting to do...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tusaani tusaani
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Seriye Seriye
My friend got accepted and she isn't a chancellor nominee. She submitted her PSEs late January. Though she currently holds a 96 average.. maybe that helped aha.

I'm still waiting :|
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of drummerboy319 drummerboy319
There are four guys at my school who have been accepted so far, none of whom are Chancellor's Nominees, but all of whom submitted well before February 16th. They all also have averages ranging from 90% to 93%.

This concerns me a little bit as I also submitted my PSE, etc. well before February 16th and had an average in that same range. I've been wondering if they really do take into account how high up you rank programs on OUAC...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of erudite erudite

@drummerboy319 wrote
There are four guys at my school who have been accepted so far, none of whom are Chancellor's Nominees, but all of whom submitted well before February 16th. They all also have averages ranging from 90% to 93%.

This concerns me a little bit as I also submitted my PSE, etc. well before February 16th and had an average in that same range. I've been wondering if they really do take into account how high up you rank programs on OUAC...

Your PSE+essays probably aren't as good as their's :/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of drummerboy319 drummerboy319

@erudite wrote

@drummerboy319 wrote

I hope this doesn't sound arrogant or overconfident, but I'm almost certain this is not the case. None of these four are particularly proficient writers, nor are their extra-curriculars as extensive as mine, especially in the amount of leadership positions held.

What might be a factor, though, is all four of their involvements in DECA. Commerce is more of a backup program, so my extra-curriculars have been more in Robotics and things like that.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DeanVermillion DeanVermillion

@drummerboy319 wrote

@erudite wrote

@drummerboy319 wrote

I hope this doesn't sound arrogant or overconfident, but I'm almost certain this is not the case. None of these four are particularly proficient writers, nor are their extra-curriculars as extensive as mine, especially in the amount of leadership positions held.

What might be a factor, though, is all four of their involvements in DECA. Commerce is more of a backup program, so my extra-curriculars have been more in Robotics and things like that.

YOU HAVE A REALLY GOOD POINT, BUT STILL, WITH DECA, I DIDN'T RECEIVE IT YET
Was this helpful? Yes 0