yconic - Has ths ever happened to you guys?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Has ths ever happened to you guys?

A photo of CyanicSparrow CyanicSparrow
oh noes, not a 93!
lol it happens to everyone. don't worry.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
23 replies

A photo of kraken kraken
oh noes, not a 93!
lol it happens to everyone. don't worry.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Lol been there, deal with that...
Don't worry about it so much.. a 93 is still REALLY good.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prmly prmly
No. That has never happened to me.

I am a god.

I don't make mistakes.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of Aerocket Aerocket
my gr 11 marks are at a 70 something average. grade 11 marks arent significant. the only good thing about grade 11 is that if you do well, you remove a psychological barier meaning your likely to do just as well in grade 12. congradulations on your success!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Happens to the best of us.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bookwormsupreme bookwormsupreme
you'll definately be able to get an 80 or higher in university. it's all about how you study and absorb info, so just make sure you know your stuff
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
Foolish mistake
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of smilez39 smilez39
happens to all of us :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sfin sfin
It's pretty hard for most students to get that high a grade in chem. When early admissions come around next year i highly doubt you'll have trouble getting in somewhere.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Stratosfear Stratosfear
That happened to me once, I had high 90's in grade 10 math. Then the summative came and my mind went completely blank and I failed the summative real bad. Fortunately the exam was board wide and so it was incredibly easy. I think I ended up with 93 but I'm not sure.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of YYLau YYLau
awwwe, dont worry !

either you drop or you raise, nothing in life is perfect, at least you learned from your mistake ! : )
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Haru Haru
except sometimes learning our mistakes won't do much to change the results of our sadly dropped FINAL marks...so depressing. and the the cycle once again repeats itself next semester... D:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kreitmeier kreitmeier
That does suck.. but I mean if you think 93 is bad you're a big over achiever.. definitely know what it's like tho. I had a 86 or something in chem and then came back from holidays, wrote a test i missed and i went down like 10 percent.. good thing the teacher omitted it:p Anyways.. this happens to everyone.. and dropping down from 97 to 93 should be the least of your worries. that's a great mark!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Laciee Laciee
I think it has most definately happened to everyone. I went down a few percents in law over the holiday & it made me pretty sad. I think my mark went down because I didn't review as much as I could have over the break. Constant review, i have found, is the key to getting awesome grades. A 93 is still amazing! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dmgirl dmgirl
I use to obsess over high school grades. Don't worry about it, honestly! You'll do great in the next class!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RebeccaOtten RebeccaOtten
ugh i hate when that happens, i don't get why such little tests count as so much and it apparently effects your marks sooo much -.-
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
That happened to me with grade 11 functions last year. I had a 100 but the transformation of functions unit where you had to graph brought my mark to a 93...If only I learned how to map points that year...I learned how to do that too late...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Newki Newki
My firend had a 97% in english but (same kind of thing) because of one test her mark droped to 81%. Don't worry about it. sometimes these things just happen so my advise would be to not let it get you down. Look at the positive. You still have a GREAT mark overall.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
I just had the OPPOSITE happen to me.
I started off REALLY bad in Chemistry.. with a 78 first term.
One test and one midterm later, I raised it up to a 91+..
so look on the bright side, it only goes up from here!
:bball:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ABCZ123 ABCZ123
that happens to me all the time. i understand all the work (ex. grade 11 physics) but when the test comes around, each section has 1 question worth 10 marks, its hard, and i make silly mistakes. the exams are the worst though, hard to remember all the equations for physics and math, use the wrong one and i get marks off. It happens to everyone so don't worry.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jumpinletgo jumpinletgo
I would be pretty happy with a 93 in chem; I managed to mess up my average by only getting a 70-something on the diploma, and ended up with a 78 or something. But, yeah, that definetly has happened to me. As a mainly arts-based person, I always cringe when I mess up at something I'm good at. Like in music; anything less than 100 is unacceptable kind of mentality lol. But it's best to just get over it as quickly as possible, you have enough to worry about.
Was this helpful? Yes 0