yconic - Hate semesters :(
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Hate semesters :(

A photo of ArcSaint ArcSaint
Gahh I just got off the phone with UofT and they said its very possible to recieve a rejection before your second semester mid-terms come out. I didnt do amazing this semester ( as I am at a 78% average), but my courses next semester will GARUNTEE me an 81+ average.
I only have 2/5 prerequisites that have been completed first semester and they said that even if that's the case, they may possibly reject you early I applied to UofT life sci btw that's the uni I hope to get into. Any stress relieving words :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Really huh? That kinda sucks I must say.
The 2 U/M classes I did last semester I'm averaging an 84% for both those combined.
This semester I'm doing the required courses for admission.
We'll see how it goes...
Good luck to you!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cr?meGlac Cr?meGlac

@ArcSaint wrote
Gahh I just got off the phone with UofT and they said its very possible to recieve a rejection before your second semester mid-terms come out. I didnt do amazing this semester ( as I am at a 78% average), but my courses next semester will GARUNTEE me an 81+ average.
I only have 2/5 prerequisites that have been completed first semester and they said that even if that's the case, they may possibly reject you early I applied to UofT life sci btw that's the uni I hope to get into. Any stress relieving words :(

Aw that sucks.
Did you apply elsewhere?
You never know what will happen, you may still get in to UofT. It's still too early to know. But don't forget, it's not the only university out there! :)
Hope it turns out well! I applied to UofT life sci as well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ArcSaint ArcSaint
Ye I also applied to UTM concurrent/ chemsitry and I'm assuming that if UofT gives early rejections, UTM also could. But I know UTM concurrent gives an alternate offer of chemical and physical sciences, which requires a mid 70% average, so even if I get in there I'll be happy because I don't think they'll like my marks for concurrent :(

Cheears man good luck to you :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0