yconic - HAVE U STARTED YOUR SCHULICH SUPP APP!!!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

HAVE U STARTED YOUR SCHULICH SUPP APP!!!

A photo of callmecrazy callmecrazy
Sorry, I posted this before but no one answered so...once again:

Hey guys!

First Question: Have you started/completed/submitted your supp app form? (choose one)

Secondly: I was wondering how I should format the activity report (should it be a table/bulleting/other). Simlarly should I leave out things that I've only done for like 2 hours (under the volunteering category) or should I include them? Does it make me sound desperate?

Thanks a bunch!! GL on your app too :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of IanSharer IanSharer
I haven't started yet. I'm probably going to make a table and yeah adding in things for 2 hours sounds desperate.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lmao lmao
1. No I haven't started working on my application, but I did start thinking about what suck-upish things I'll write for certain questions. I'm worrying about my Ivey AEO application right now, which is due January 19th, 4:00 PM E.T.

2. People choose to do it in a variety of ways. Choose whichever format you feel best in showing your extracurriculars. My friend is doing the table format, with activity and description, position held and hours. I think you should include your two hour volunteer service and indicate that it was a one time event.

e.g. Breast Cancer Club Fundraiser - 2 hours(one time event)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mohammadahmad mohammadahmad
Nice...thanks for the responses.

What do you mean by "position held" (are you referring to the name of the position or the duration in years that you've held the position).

I no it sounds dumb (even I'm thinking that) but plz reply!!

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lmao lmao
Yes, the name of the position. So if you are in Student Council and you are the Fundraiser then that's the 'Position Held'. Of course, feel free to change it to 'Title of Position', or anything of that sort to make it sound more formal. Good luck with applications!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of smarty1 smarty1
Can someone give examples of "descriptions" that we are to write along with our activity. I really don't understand what to write for that.

For example, if I played an instrument in a band, what am I supposed to write?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
The supp is very vague. I've asked previous applicants who got in and a description is not even necessary but most people do it so you might as well.

Just make a table, 3 columns, position held and organization// number of hours // description
you can throw in date if you want.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mattclements1 mattclements1
It's easy
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mattclements1 mattclements1
so easy
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of slaughter slaughter
easy easy noooobs easy
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq