yconic - Having to take Math in Uni
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Having to take Math in Uni

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
So for my program I have to take a a research methods and stats course.

Since I only have a 3U math, I would need to take another math course in university before taking these courses.

However, another option is given in the course calendar. I also have the option of taking a 4U math course, specifically data management, through virtual school.

So the question is, take the university math course where I can have the help of professors and tutorial. Or take the high school math which will probably be easier, but do it mostly myself.

Any help would be appreciated. Or if anyone has encountered either of these situations themselves.

Thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of JNBirDy JNBirDy

@Alliee wrote
So for my program I have to take a a research methods and stats course.

Since I only have a 3U math, I would need to take another math course in university before taking these courses.

However, another option is given in the course calendar. I also have the option of taking a 4U math course, specifically data management, through virtual school.

So the question is, take the university math course where I can have the help of professors and tutorial. Or take the high school math which will probably be easier, but do it mostly myself.

Any help would be appreciated. Or if anyone has encountered either of these situations themselves.

Thanks.

Take data management so the jump to university mathematics isn't too bad. It will also help you in your stats course since it will be a lot of the same.

Also if you fail data management, no biggy, you're already in university. If you fail at university you'll get kicked out for two semesters.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BusterBaxter BusterBaxter
Depends on how confident you feel learning math on your own. If you strongly dislike math or struggle with it, you may be better off with taking a course that offers the help of professors, extra help sessions, friends, etc...

If the math course you could take at the university is equivalent to MDM4U, then there shouldn't be a big difference between the two in terms of difficulty.
Was this helpful? Yes 0