yconic - Health sci and Life sci Cutoffs
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Health sci and Life sci Cutoffs

A photo of KOBEstyll KOBEstyll
Will getting 90 enough for health sci at Mac?
and Will getting 85 be enough for health sci
or are these on the dot marks risky?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of KOBEstyll KOBEstyll
^ meant 85 for life sci at mac lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Chandlerowns Chandlerowns
For Health Science 90% gives you the ability to apply to the program, which means they will look at your supplementary application. Doesn't mean you'll get in, not many spots. For life science the cut off was like 87% last year and with more people applying this year for the same amount of spots expect that to go up.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of safarhealthsci1 safarhealthsci1

@Chandlerowns wrote
For Health Science 90% gives you the ability to apply to the program, which means they will look at your supplementary application. Doesn't mean you'll get in, not many spots. For life science the cut off was like 87% last year and with more people applying this year for the same amount of spots expect that to go up.

MY friend got in few days ago, with a top 6 of 85.5%, how does that make sense?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

Lol, here's a link from McMaster about the cutoffs. Post seems very trollish. http://registrar.mcmaster.ca/future/cut-offs.html
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Chandlerowns wrote
Lol, here's a link from McMaster about the cutoffs. Post seems very trollish. http://registrar.mcmaster.ca/future/cut-offs.html

I am not trolling, A friend of mine got in 3 days ago, with top 6 (all done) average of 85.5is %, also another friend with 87% but not all courses are done. Last year i knew a guy getting in with 85%. So I think the cut offs are not that accurate.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

Starting off, everyone with the exception of a few OOP applicants are given offers of admission in May. As far as the below 90 claims, it's basically the faculty of health sciences word over yours. So i guess people can decide for themselves. It's not helpful to post false information on these forums.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Actually I also have a friend with around a 85% who was recently accepted to life science. It says "mid to high 80s" range for the life science program, an 85% falls under "mid-80s".
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Ohhhhh you were talking about life science. My bad, yeah, that fluctuates year to year, definitely could have happened, my bad.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Chandlerowns wrote
Ohhhhh you were talking about life science. My bad, yeah, that fluctuates year to year, definitely could have happened, my bad.

HAHA, no problem. Yea trolling health sci with an 85 admission would be sad.:D. But yea I think the life sci entrance dropped this year. I called my friend to confirm, and he got in with top six 85.166666% in province. It was his fifth year so he had all of his marks done.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Impasse wrote
Actually I also have a friend with around a 85% who was recently accepted to life science. It says "mid to high 80s" range for the life science program, an 85% falls under "mid-80s".

nice, this gives he hope, I will probably have an 86% by may, so..
Was this helpful? Yes 0