yconic - Health Sci
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Health Sci

A photo of cassielove cassielove
Are my grades good enough?

ENG4U - 97
SBI4U - 94
SCH4U - 91
MHF4U - 98

My chem mark is kinda low, but I hope that's high enough :/
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

This post was deleted

@fxoqxc wrote
nope not good enough

What is good enough?? I heard the cutoff is 95...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RedMittenDoc RedMittenDoc
O.K. I feel like this question should really only be asked if your on the edge of a program that's not as twisted and difficult as Health Science at McMaster. No one can answer this question. Read the forum (the health sci one), but yes you have a chance just like everyone else with a 90 average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
You're only NOW trying to get into the health sci rat race? You should know that marks really don't matter "above 90". The average average of accepted students hovers around 95 though, which is perhaps where you're extrapolating that information from.

AKA your marks are good enough, but most of the application is dependent on your ability to write the supplementary and appear intelligent.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ronmovilla ronmovilla

@cassielove wrote
Are my grades good enough?

ENG4U - 97
SBI4U - 94
SCH4U - 91
MHF4U - 98

My chem mark is kinda low, but I hope that's high enough :/

Your marks are perfectly fine. I'm in Health Sci atm, and I know a whole lot of people who got in with a low 90's as their top 6 grades. You will be fine with your marks. Now, you just have to take care of your supplementary app. If you have any questions about health sci, just ask me haha and i'll do my best to answer them
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@onlymatthew wrote
You're only NOW trying to get into the health sci rat race? You should know that marks really don't matter "above 90". The average average of accepted students hovers around 95 though, which is perhaps where you're extrapolating that information from.

AKA your marks are good enough, but most of the application is dependent on your ability to write the supplementary and appear intelligent.

What do you mean? It's not late at all..? And I think marks do matter above 90 cause I have a friend who got 92 and wrote an AMAZING sup app and she didn't get in, but my other friend who wrote a poor sub app and had a 96 average got in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking

@cassielove wrote

And I think marks do matter above 90 cause I have a friend who got 92 and wrote an AMAZING sup app and she didn't get in, but my other friend who wrote a poor sub app and had a 96 average got in.

The opposite scenario also exists. I have friends with 97/98 who didn't get in and friends in the program who got in with 91%. Marks only matter for a tiebreaker. Whether or not a supp app is good or bad is highly subjective, your opinion of your friends' supp apps' probably differed from those of the 4th years/faculty member marking them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

Thanks for all the help guys!! I def need to work on that sup app... It'll take me a month. Pass the coffee...
Was this helpful? Yes 0