yconic - Health sciences at Western??
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Health sciences at Western??

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Hello! :)

I'm a grade 11 student, thinking heavily about the programs I want to go into in uni.
I'm thinking Health sciences at western, and my question is what is the length of the program? Most sites say 4 years, but the western pamphlet says:

Bachelor of Health Sciences (BHSc)
(3 years, 4 years)
Bachelor of Health Sciences Honors
(BHSc Honors) (4 years)
Honors Bachelor of Health Sciences
(BHSc) with Honors Business
Administration (5 years

Does this mean I can get a BHsc for 3 years? I would greatly like to reduce the time I spend in undergrad because I want to be a PA (physician assistant) and they only need 2 yeas of undergrad

If i can get it for 3 years, how do I do that? (registration in 1st year required?)

Thanks so much for your time!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Hey there,

4 year programs are much better since you have more education...so higher chance of getting accepted into med school.

Good luck
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
I don't think you can complete a BSc degree in 3 years, not 100% sure.
But what a lot of people do, though.. is.. after their 3rd year in a BSc program, they will apply for professional programs such as Pharmacy, Dentistry, or Optometry,
so they would have a BSc in _______ after 4 years of professional study on top of the 3 years in the general program.

I believe that you can also apply for Med school after 3 years, but most people would apply after they complete their 4 years and get their BSc degree first.
Was this helpful? Yes 0