yconic - healthSci or my parents will kill me!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

healthSci or my parents will kill me!

A photo of HealthSciDREAM HealthSciDREAM
Guys, my parents are literally gonna kill me if i don't get into healthsci!
They yell at me everyday when they see me do anything that's not related to getting in to healthsci. Lik, i wanna go badly too, but i can't seem to take the stress anymore!

what should i do?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
42 replies

A photo of Reality Reality

@HealthSciDREAM wrote
They yell at me everyday when they see me do anything that's not related to getting in to healthsci. Lik, i wanna go badly too, but i can't seem to take the stress anymore!

what should i do?

Odds are you won't make it (if we're talking about Mac Health Sci). But feel free to prove me wrong when May comes. So I advise you to not put all your eggs in one basket, or you'll come out very disappointed in the end.

Get ready to be disowned/humiliated/belittled (a combination of any of the above) by your parents. Also, advise your parents that you'll be going to life science programs (that pale in comparison to health science /sarcasm).

But seriously, it's not about the program, it's about you, the individual. It's you who's going to determine if you're going to be successful or not - not your program or your parents. And imo, Health Sci @ Mac has to be one of the most overhyped programs ever.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Tell them health sci is not the end all and be all of "pre-med" programs. Plenty of people make it to med school from other programs. Health sci is not a prereq for medicine. People who graduate with a BA in history make it into med school.

Try not to worry too much about it, the stress might actually cause your marks to drop. There are other very good science programs out there. I almost didn't accept their offer but changed my mind at the last minute.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Reality wrote

@HealthSciDREAM wrote

what should i do?

Odds are you won't make it (if we're talking about Mac Health Sci). But feel free to prove me wrong when May comes. So I advise you to not put all your eggs in one basket, or you'll come out very disappointed in the end.

Get ready to be disowned/humiliated/belittled (a combination of any of the above) by your parents. Also, advise your parents that you'll be going to life science programs (that pale in comparison to health science /sarcasm).

But seriously, it's not about the program, it's about you, the individual. It's you who's going to determine if you're going to be successful or not - not your program or your parents. And imo, Health Sci @ Mac has to be one of the most overhyped programs ever.

does a 99.8% help?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MedSchoolDream MedSchoolDream
Don't feed the troll.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BillyShears BillyShears
Sounds like a couple of respectable parents.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cblake01 cblake01
Live your life for you, if you know you did your best that is all that counts. Hey if thats not what your suppose to do in life...you won't do it....don't beat yourslef up and just go with the flow!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@HealthSciDREAM wrote

@Reality wrote

@HealthSciDREAM wrote

what should i do?

does a 99.8% help?

If you can't write an exceptional supplementary application, it means zilch.
And lemme guess. You're Asian, and your parents probably brainwashed you into thinking MEDICINE OR NOTHING!!111!! They also probably asked you if you were a doctor when you were 12, and when you responded with a stiff 'No', they yelled at you to not talk to them until you became one. Marks seem inflated - private school? Or IB? Or do you go to an inner-city school.

So tell me, amirite?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BillyShears BillyShears

@Reality wrote
And lemme guess. You're Asian, and your parents probably brainwashed you into thinking MEDICINE OR NOTHING!!111!! They also probably asked you if you were a doctor when you were 12, and when you responded with a stiff 'No', they yelled at you to not talk to them until you became one.

Hey wasn't that a family guy joke from a few years ago?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Reality wrote

@HealthSciDREAM wrote

@Reality wrote

@HealthSciDREAM wrote

what should i do?

does a 99.8% help?

If you can't write an exceptional supplementary application, it means zilch.
And lemme guess. You're Asian, and your parents probably brainwashed you into thinking MEDICINE OR NOTHING!!111!! They also probably asked you if you were a doctor when you were 12, and when you responded with a stiff 'No', they yelled at you to not talk to them until you became one. Marks seem inflated - private school? Or IB? Or do you go to an inner-city school.

So tell me, amirite?

Actually, I go to public in mississauga, umm ever heard of Rick Hansen? and no i'm not asian, well actually i'm half asian
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@BillyShears wrote

@Reality wrote
And lemme guess. You're Asian, and your parents probably brainwashed you into thinking MEDICINE OR NOTHING!!111!! They also probably asked you if you were a doctor when you were 12, and when you responded with a stiff 'No', they yelled at you to not talk to them until you became one.

Hey wasn't that a family guy joke from a few years ago?

+100 internetz to you.

And yes, I know a few people from Rick Hansen. Assuming you're not trolling, that's an exceptional average. Now, go spend the next month writing an exceptional application. And I knew you had to be Asian, one way or another. Lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of esin esin
finally... a decent troll
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@esin wrote
finally... a decent troll

at your service
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
Brown/Asian parents ey?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of WendyLai WendyLai
you can't get in, cause i'm taking your spot
pz

ps: do you know a stephen @ rick hansen, if so say hi to him for me : )
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@WendyLai wrote
you can't get in, cause i'm taking your spot
pz

ps: do you know a stephen @ rick hansen, if so say hi to him for me : )

hey aren't you in grade 11?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of amandagibson3 amandagibson3
Telling your parents your priorities and what you want to accomplish may help them understand your decision makin process...and result in les yelling. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 8musikgirl8 8musikgirl8
only go if YOU want to. yeah your parents want what's best for you, but if you enter a program that you're not interested in, chances of flunking out fast will definitely increase. why not pick something YOU like, tell your parents your goal and plan and what you wish to accomplish. if they still aren't happy, then move out. don't waste your time doing something you hate in life.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xXxUfacStorAxXx xXxUfacStorAxXx
If you have a 99.8 I would like to think that you would be a good writer. So, you should get in. If not, Health Sci is overrated anyways. Tell your parents to chill out about Health Sci.

Health Sci is composed of a select group of students. Obviously these students are going to have successful careers, whether that be in medicine, dentistry, law, etc. Correlation does imply causation in this case.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Melissa313 Melissa313

@HealthSciDREAM wrote

what should i do?

At first I entered Health Sciences because of my parents. However, if I hadn't I would have never realized how much I find the program interesting. My advice to you is to do what makes you happy because you pave your own future.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
well i think you should just do what makes you happy .but im telling you being a doctor or whatever in the medical field is a very prestigious profession. you will be capable of saving lives and that truly is a gift and i think you should start realizing what you want and what you want ot pursue in life. sure, doing all those years of schooling for medicine is stressfull ... but its worth it at the end. you get to give people another chance in life, what other profession does that?. so you should either start having passion to go into healthsci or just change your career.
Was this helpful? Yes 0