yconic - Hello Geeks! So What's your current University GPA?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Hello Geeks! So What's your current University GPA?

A photo of LuvXmas LuvXmas
I have heard there has been lotsa dropping in CS first yr.. Students can't get it.. They seem to be optimistic,, overly exited 1st yr, then two or 3 F's can kill their dreams..! I mean, I have seen a lot switching to Art, Business, even Health science after finishing 1 or couple yrs in CS. What could be the reason(s)?

I also would like to know:

What is your current major average? After 1st or 2nd yr of University.. -- just for an observation purpose.

I'm sure dealing with Procedural Programming/ Operation sys./ Advanced Data structures/Computer Organization and Assembly Language... doesn't sound easy as HS programing stuff,, does it??

p.s Geeks are cute I luv them!

Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of Yaroslav64 Yaroslav64
I just finished my first semester of engineering at Mac. I had a final grade 12 average of 81.5 or something around there. I currently have roughly a 72-74 average and thats with MINIMAL effort, if I put in an extra hour or so a day I could probably have close to an 80 average. We started with 1200 kids and we'll be around 900-950 going into next term, there are a lot of drop outs. The comp-sci kids dont have nearly as high of a drop out rate though. The main thing is making sure you're in your program because you want to be there, I know too many kids in their program struggling because of being there for bullshit reasons like parents, money, etc. You'll do fine if you really want it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I finished with an 11.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MattUK MattUK
4.0 in first-year Mathematics and Economics at U of T.

Edit: Re-read; I think this was just for Computer Science... :joker:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aimango aimango
Had mid 90s in grade 12, 1A = 88 avg, 1B = 84 avg, 2A = current term and it seems like im getting a 82 or 83 avg (waiting on 1 more mark).

oh, and assembly language is not difficult.. it's just tedious.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mechboyy mechboyy
I had an 88 average in high school. My 1A average was 71%
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of arviny arviny

@MattUK wrote
4.0 in first-year Mathematics and Economics at U of T.

Edit: Re-read; I think this was just for Computer Science... :joker:

Do you have Furlong for econ? haha just curious :P

to the OP:
4.0 GPA first year computer sci UTSG, my hs average was 90.0% and I'd say I worked hard in HS.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AsianFail93 AsianFail93
UofT Industrial Engineering
1F: 3.48 - 80.8%

Entrance average: 87%

I've talked to a few that planned on switching majors out of CS, don't think they were failing although. I do think uni CS is real comp sci stuff while HS stuff was programming
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nachonian nachonian
In my 2nd term of engineering at the UofA. Had a 3.8/4.0 GPA in the fall term. Came out of highschool with a 94% entrance average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of chatmike chatmike
I had low to mid 80s in high school with minimal effort, and i have low to mid 70s here at my first sem at Mac with minimal effort. So i guess about a 10% decrease.

My friends have dropped anywhere from 5-30% since high school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0