yconic - HELP - MCGILL Arts
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

HELP - MCGILL Arts

A photo of asherms94 asherms94
I have a top 6 average of 88% for mid terms. I have an extenuating circumstances letter which also outlines a 4 generation family history of going to McGill.

What are the chances I get in??? Please be honest, I am really stressing out!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of Kareemy Kareemy
Hey, don't stress! As prestigious as McGill is known for its competitiveness to get in, it really isn't that bad. I also have an 88.5, going into Arts, and don't see myself having any trouble getting in. Check out last year's averages of those accepted into each program here: http://www.mcgill.ca/applying/standards/canada/

To further put you at ease, a friend of mine got into BioMed with an 87, but you'll note that the average was 92.6. We are above the Arts average, 87, so we should be fine.

May 1st to 18th are acceptances, best of luck! I have yet to be accepted too. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

Don't know to much about McGill BA programs other then the 2 I am looking at. Quite different from what you are looking at.

On a side note, McGill got my transcript for OUAC today.... clock is ticking...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Kareemy Kareemy
Don't stress about McGill guys, because:

1) The average of those accepted last year was 86.7, easy stuff. I think most of us are there if not higher, and that's the AVERAGE. People with lower averages than that got accepted too.

2) Their acceptances, unlike most other universities, is done in giant chunks - somewhat early in March and May 1st-18th. So wait until May 18th to get worried:brilsmurf
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@differentusername wrote
I've never been sure...

When Universities such as McGill post the admission averages from last year, does that mean

A) That was the "average" grade of all the people who got in (meaning some higher, some lower)

or...

B) That is the grade that was a "cut off" -- meaning anyone under that did not get in?

I kind of thought it was "B" and that at McGill Arts, no one got in with less than 86.7

"A" doesn't make sense. There are lots of brainiac people with say a 98% average, and by that token it would mean that an equal number got in with 75%? I really doubt that. I think it means that 86.7 was the cut off.

My understanding is that is is "B"
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted