yconic - HELP?! GOT MIDTERMS AND AFRAID OF LOSING ACCEPTANCE! D:
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

HELP?! GOT MIDTERMS AND AFRAID OF LOSING ACCEPTANCE! D:

A photo of Khanclippers32 Khanclippers32
I got accepted to 2/3 of the health science programs I applied to. York is the school that I want to go to for health sceiences (major in psychology). My first semester average was a 91.25% but my midterm for second semester is 60%. My marks are as follow

Law: 94
Philosophy: 94
Sociology: 91
Photography: 87
Advanced functions: 62 (midterm)
Chemistry: 63 (midterm)
English: 64 (bad english teacher -__-)(midterm)

Adv functions, chem and english are the prerequisites i need to get in, Im just wondering if I will lose my acceptance from York because of my midterm marks. The admission average is mid 70s for my program. Is there still time for me to improve?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of SuccessIsLife SuccessIsLife
There is still time, but hit for that 85%. Every single tiny little drop of a percentage try and get it all, do not let even 1% getting you by. Your second mid-term marks can terminate your acceptation. Be careful, study twice as hard. Your CPT and Your EXAMS AND OTHER REMAINING TESTS/QUIZZES/ASSIGNMENTS/LABS Get 85% for every single one of them. I am serious, or else your admission will be revoked.

Good Luck, Tell me about your progress!!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cm0011 cm0011
It's possible. Usually they let you slide until finals, then they decide whether to revoke offers or not, they only revoke mid-terms if it's such a significant drop. I think you still might have a chance. Just squeeze every last mark you can from now on :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0