yconic - Help in Deciding Which School to Attend
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Help in Deciding Which School to Attend

A photo of pjmas pjmas
I recently got offers from University of Toronto Mississauga (Commerce), King's College University (western branch, for Business management and organizational studies), and Ryerson BComm. I was wondering if anyone know about the overall reputations, campus life, quality of education in detail, as well as the advantages and disadvantages that each has. ANY help with this will be highly appreciated! I bet it would really help other people considering these schools too.. Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of g93 g93
UTM
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of pjmas pjmas

@g93 wrote
UTM

Uhm, care to explain why?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@pjmas wrote

@g93 wrote
UTM

It is definitely the best school you named. Best reputation, best program academically, co-op...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PeoplesChamp PeoplesChamp
UTM. Even though it has somewhat a negative image compared to UTSG, it still is nonetheless a u of t commerce degree. Curriculum is more or less the same and u of t is one of the most recruited business school's, mississauga campus or not. A good friend of mine has graduated from u of t accounting and got a lot of time with the recruiters from the big 4 accounting firms and got placed right away. She is currently now a CA. UofT is internationally re-known and even though the campus sorta blows it is still a great education.

Cheers.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of pjmas pjmas
Okay.. but does anyone know whether there is a huge amount of cuts for this program like there is for Rotman commerce in the St. George Campus? Note that It only has around 300 people total for this program
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of beyondsection17 beyondsection17
Since I'm pretty sure that by Kings College University you meant King's University College, for BMOS, at UWO, I would recommend that one.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cuiter23 Cuiter23
Go with the crowd, UTM :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dancecubed dancecubed
What do you want to do in the business field?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Sahana25 Sahana25

@Cuiter23 wrote
Go with the crowd, UTM :)

+1

definitely utm

-way more reputable
-uni experience
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of pjmas pjmas
Yeah utm I feel is the best also, except there would be less partying according to a lot of people :( hahaha ..

Btw, why do you recommend kings university college as opposed to u of t ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of pjmas pjmas

@g93 wrote

@pjmas wrote

@g93 wrote
UTM

It is definitely the best school you named. Best reputation, best program academically, co-op...

No co op :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of marvin1992 marvin1992
Western BMOs ftw
Was this helpful? Yes 0