yconic - Help me choose between Ryerson and George Brown Nursing
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Help me choose between Ryerson and George Brown Nursing

A photo of degan degan
I just received offers to the Ryerson site and George Brown site of the collaborative nursing program. I've been doing my research on both schools and so far I am leaning towards George Brown. There will be a brand new George Brown campus for nursing in fall 2012. I like the idea of small class sizes and a more close-knit community where most of the other students will be taking nursing. I'm just coming from a year at York where I took Kinesiology and the classes were so huge and the campus so big that I found it hard to connect. I do have a couple of concerns though. Some of the courses,I have taken such as anatomy and psychology seem similar to courses in the nursing degree. I am wondering if they will exclude me from gaining credit in those courses. If they do, I know that Ryerson will have many electives I can take to fill those gaps, but I am unsure about George Brown. Does anyone know any more about the electives situation at these two schools? Does George Brown have many university level courses. Is there anything else that should sway me to George Brown or Ryerson?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Go to Ryerson. In Nursing it's anyways going to be two years university, two years college(mostly for practicum). Ryerson itself will send you to their affiliated college to gain nursing experience in smaller classes.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of degan degan
What is Ryerson's affiliated college?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of degan degan
I must accept by the Feb. 27th and I'm no closer to a decision. I'm still leaning towards George Brown since I have the option of driving there.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of flonightingale14 flonightingale14

@degan wrote
I just received offers to the Ryerson site and George Brown site of the collaborative nursing program. I've been doing my research on both schools and so far I am leaning towards George Brown. There will be a brand new George Brown campus for nursing in fall 2012. I like the idea of small class sizes and a more close-knit community where most of the other students will be taking nursing. I'm just coming from a year at York where I took Kinesiology and the classes were so huge and the campus so big that I found it hard to connect. I do have a couple of concerns though. Some of the courses,I have taken such as anatomy and psychology seem similar to courses in the nursing degree. I am wondering if they will exclude me from gaining credit in those courses. If they do, I know that Ryerson will have many electives I can take to fill those gaps, but I am unsure about George Brown. Does anyone know any more about the electives situation at these two schools? Does George Brown have many university level courses. Is there anything else that should sway me to George Brown or Ryerson?

I know this is probably too late, but I'm currently in my 2nd year at the Ryerson site. I also have several friends at George Brown in the collaborative program.

Ryerson-George Brown-Centennial are in an affiliated program for nursing. So which ever school you choose, it makes no difference.

I had a friend who decided to go to George Brown instead of Ryerson and we are doing the exactly the same things. Class sizes are the same as well. You eventually end up at Ryerson for your 3rd and 4th years, so it makes no difference.
Was this helpful? Yes 1