yconic - Help me choose what school!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Help me choose what school!

A photo of Scrub Scrub
Hey. What is the best program out of the ones I've been accepted to? I would love some replies :bounce:

Laurier BBA and Financial Math

McMaster Business 1

Brock Accounting Co-op

UTSC Management

Waterloo AFM-FM

Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of apark17 apark17

@Scrub wrote
Hey. What is the best program out of the ones I've been accepted to? I would love some replies :bounce:

Laurier BBA and Financial Math

McMaster Business 1

Brock Accounting Co-op

UTSC Management

Waterloo AFM-FM

what do you want to be out of uni?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Laurier or Waterloo, then Brock and UTSC, then McMaster.

Consider tuition, campus, atmosphere, co-op, courses, and for BBA/Fin math if you want to do math.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Scrub Scrub
Thanks for the quick response guys! Right now I'm between Laurier BBA/Fin. Math and AFM-FM. I would like to go into accounting, but I'm not dead set.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Scrub wrote
Thanks for the quick response guys! Right now I'm between Laurier BBA/Fin. Math and AFM-FM. I would like to go into accounting, but I'm not dead set.

I'd go to laurier
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@apark17 wrote

@Scrub wrote

I'd go to laurier

+ 1 for sure

Consider UTSC if you like the program and are one of the GTA kids who would like to stay at home and save money.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@apark17 wrote

@Scrub wrote

I'd go to laurier

Yeah unless you're dead set on accounting I'd say go to Laurier.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Scrub wrote
UTSC didn't even offer me co-op :(. Plus I want to get away from my parents and enjoy some university life.
The only problem with Laurier BBA and Fin. Math for me is the amount of math courses I have to take. Is the program still accredited for becoming a CA?

Oh, definitely Laurier.

Why didn't you just apply to regular BBA?

Anyways it is accredited and you can always drop down to BBA if you don't like the math.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Username81 wrote

@apark17 wrote

@Scrub wrote

I'd go to laurier

Yeah unless you're dead set on accounting I'd say go to Laurier.

And even if you are dead set, it'd still be a good choice :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@Scrub wrote
Thanks for the responses.

When I first applied for University, I wanted to get into Schulich. I didn't even know anything about Laurier lol. I just applied for the fun of it. My average is 90 on the dot, and it seems like I won't be going to Schulich. A lot of people on these forums seems to recommend Laurier, so it must be a decent school.

Oh definitely. I mean a couple people turn down Ivey, Queen's, Schulich for Laurier. Their reasons differ but it shows that it's not that bad.

I mean you have to factor in how much you like the campus/the school. That's your home for the next 4 years!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Scrub wrote
Thanks for the responses.

When I first applied for University, I wanted to get into Schulich. I didn't even know anything about Laurier lol. I just applied for the fun of it. My average is 90 on the dot, and it seems like I won't be going to Schulich. A lot of people on these forums seems to recommend Laurier, so it must be a decent school.

still a possibility IMO, but yes laurier would be a great choice, espec with co-op!
Was this helpful? Yes 0