yconic - Help me choose!!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Help me choose!!

A photo of Cgada Cgada
I applied to McMaster, Waterloo, Trent, UOIT and Carleton in Software Engg.

So far i have got acceptances from McMaster, Trent and Carleton. Iv got pretty decent averages and hope to get into the other two too.

Now, I am really confused as to which university to choose. For me, environment and social life is just as important as anything. Plus, I am also looking for co-op opportunities to help my parents with International Tuition!

So basically I need you guys to help me with the pros and cons of the various universities and help me choose.

Cheers,
and THANKS!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour
I don't know anything about Trent, UOIT and Carleton.

McMaster Pros: decent social environment, common first year (if you like that), co-op available as an option

Waterloo Pros: social life is what you make of it, direct-entry (as you want Software specifically, that might be a pro), KNOWN for co-op (largest post-secondary co-op program of its kind in the world) and all engineering programs are co-op only
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cgada Cgada
Wat would you go for 94?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour

@Cgada wrote
Wat would you go for 94?

I'm also dead-set on UW :3
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cgada Cgada
Umm ok, im leaning more towards mcmaster due to their campus and environment. Still deadlocked.. thanks anyways. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of krankd krankd

@ninetyfour wrote
I don't know anything about Trent, UOIT and Carleton.

McMaster Pros: decent social environment, common first year (if you like that), co-op available as an option

Waterloo Pros: social life is what you make of it, direct-entry (as you want Software specifically, that might be a pro), KNOWN for co-op (largest post-secondary co-op program of its kind in the world) and all engineering programs are co-op only

^+1. The main reason why people choose Waterloo over many other universities is the co-op program, its their main "selling point".

cgada, when did you get an offer from carleton?
Was this helpful? Yes 0