yconic - Help me choose....
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Help me choose....

A photo of Sandergirl Sandergirl
Does anyone have an opinion on Psych BA at Guelph, Brock or Wilfrid Laurier?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
19 replies

A photo of Zion Zion
Hella Wilfrid.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cblake01 cblake01
well i don't know about the other two but from attending one of Guelph's campuses i know that the instructors they hire are awesome and work with you to exceed!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
Jeez, with choices like that you'd be better of at York or UOfT imo
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I've heard great things about Guelph.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Irish Irish
You should check out the website for each and see which courses you have to take for the major and how many electives. Also check if the courses sound interesting and if there are different options within psych that you might be interested in.
If you get time, it is a good idea to visit the schools you are thinking of applying to.

Everyone's different but I like Guelph.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aaku516 aaku516
You Should strongly consider U of T..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of GAC2015 GAC2015
Only know about Guelph coz I met the Hockeyteam once and they told me about everything. Overall they pretty much love their Uni and recommend it. Also they are very outgoing and friendly, oh and they like to party. But as I said , I only know about Guelph.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of katiedawn121 katiedawn121
How far away is Guelph from Hamilton (time wise)?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Aino Aino

@katiedawn121 wrote

About an hour or two - give or take.

I heard good things about Guelph too but I love Brock. :3
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo

@Aino wrote

@katiedawn121 wrote

About an hour or two - give or take.

Haha. That's a big "give or take." Guelph is 30 or 40 minutes from Hamilton. I'm guessing you're from Toronto.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joanne22 Joanne22
I took Psych at Brock and loved my professor, however I have also heard good things about Guelph and Laurier.
I'd go by which program/school looks best to you, which location is best, and find out which school is best known for their Psychology program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ashleybrough92 ashleybrough92
Some of my friends r going to Brock and they love it and a few are taking psy and they really enjoy it and say that it is a good program
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nicolee Nicolee
I've heard those are all really good schools! I'm hoping to be accepted into Brock myself for their English Language and Literature Program. My sister is currently in her second year for BA Psychology, but she is compeleting it at Windsor. I do know she really enjoys all of her classes though!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sbruggem sbruggem
Im currently a 4th year student at UoG and the entire student life experience has been awesome here. My sister also just started her first year at UoG in Criminal Justice and Public Policy and took some good psychology courses. I know guelph has been rated top comprehensive university for a couple years now. I think you would need to check the website and such for details on your program, but between the 3 universities, I think they are pretty comparable, except Guelph has a nicer campus (but I am biased).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Brianmai7 Brianmai7
I heard of good things about Guelph. I think you should maybe request viewbooks from those universities or maybe pick some up at the student services at your school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cecile Cecile
Maybe try asking some students who go to the university I'm sure they'll give you a good opinion.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cecile Cecile
Maybe try asking some students who go to the university I'm sure they'll give you a good opinion.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mellaniedoode mellaniedoode
I have a friend who is at Guelph right now, and she ADORES it. The atmosphere she says is amazing and the profs are always helpful. I havne't heard much about laurier. I'd suggest going on tours at the school and going on the site. the site usually has a comment section where you can read what people say. Each university could offer different classes within the program.
But I would suggest getting a tour to see 100% what you're looking at.
Was this helpful? Yes 0