yconic - HELP ME understand how these acceptances work!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

HELP ME understand how these acceptances work!

A photo of halestorm29 halestorm29
I was trying to find this in another thread but came up with nothing. Question:
Does anyone know how many acceptances a school will send out for their program? Just enough to fit how many they can take?
I was just thinking about how so many people will reject their other offers... Leaving space for others..
Any insight would be appreciated! Especially regarding McGill Desautels. Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of thecookiemonster thecookiemonster
It depends on the school... I think I have heard that Harvard expects 85-90% of their applicants to accept their offers (can't remember the exact number).

I have heard other schools more like 50%. I'm sure some schools are lower (eg Brock BAcc, everyone has it as their back-up).

I would guesstimate McGill would double their offers, because many students will accept at Queen's, Ivey, Schulich, or even Waterloo/Laurier/Rotman, and some people different programs. They will base it off past years and have some exact random calculated number, but ya
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of halestorm29 halestorm29
Bump!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Yeah they definitely give out more than actual spaces because some people will decline it for another school.

For example, I think Ivey gives out 700, expecting 600 to accept. Or around that.
Was this helpful? Yes 0