yconic - help need some advice
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

help need some advice

A photo of JohnQ JohnQ
I had a 79% average and i was put on the waitlist so i worked hard and i got that to a 80% average. Ryerson said they dont look at the final marks until July 15th what are my chances of getting in?

Adv functions: 82
English: 80
French: 86
International business: 83
Data Mang: 77
Business Leadership: 72

should i hope to get in or go to summer school and try for another program like nursing
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
What program did you apply for and got wait listed?

I believe that next year's Nursing program will be even more competitive in Ryerson, the cut off was 85. You could try for Collab nursing, which probably require 80+ avg.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JohnQ JohnQ
i got wait listed for ryerson business managament.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Ah, business...

If you can, go to summer school and take something to replace your business leadership mark.

Btw, if you are planning to apply next year, be aware that applicants applying for business management at Ryerson require 2 maths(Adv func, calculus or Data)

Do you have pre req for nursing?
Chemistry, biology?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of superstar2011 superstar2011

@JohnQ wrote
I had a 79% average and i was put on the waitlist so i worked hard and i got that to a 80% average. Ryerson said they dont look at the final marks until July 15th what are my chances of getting in?

Adv functions: 82
English: 80
French: 86
International business: 83
Data Mang: 77
Business Leadership: 72

should i hope to get in or go to summer school and try for another program like nursing

I think you'll get in. You have the two required Math credits, an English credit, and three others. If there aren't too many applicants, your odds are pretty good.
Was this helpful? Yes 0