yconic - Help needed! :)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Help needed! :)

A photo of Annabubble2011 Annabubble2011
Hi, any recommended general first year social sciences courses! specifically uoft(woodsworth college)? Thanks!:cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
You should plan your courses based on the requirements to get into your program of study in second year. Generally speaking, I would recommend taking half-year courses, because they don't affect your GPA as much as full-year ones if you do poorly in one. I would also urge you to consider taking a first-year seminar, because it is easier to come by marks in a smaller class where the prof marks everything. (Profs tend to be more generous with their marks than TAs in my experience.) Most importantly, take classes you think you'll enjoy!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Annabubble2011 Annabubble2011

@Spengler wrote
You should plan your courses based on the requirements to get into your program of study in second year. Generally speaking, I would recommend taking half-year courses, because they don't affect your GPA as much as full-year ones if you do poorly in one. I would also urge you to consider taking a first-year seminar, because it is easier to come by marks in a smaller class where the prof marks everything. (Profs tend to be more generous with their marks than TAs in my experience.) Most importantly, take classes you think you'll enjoy!

Thank you, I want to major in criminology and minor in political science. Oh and how do you enroll in first year seminar classes? :bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0