yconic - HELP PLEASE >.<
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

HELP PLEASE >.<

A photo of Yeah Yeah
Hi,

Alright this is my problem... Last month U of T had sent me a rejection letter and I was under the impression that there was no need to keep them on my ouac and so I deleted them. This week I got an email in the morning from U of T stating that I have been made an offer of admission >.< to the St. George campus new college. Does anybody know what the other possible ways to respond to their offer are? and how long they take? I had phoned their registrars office and they told me a counselor will be in touch with me on steps I will have to take, and ensured me that it should not effect my offer since one has been made.

Problem Number 2:

I have been made an offer of admission to Queen's University and have accepted it awhile ago. I now have no idea which university to go to, and if it is worth it to accept the offer from u of t or if it will simply create more problems ahead. I have to make a residence deposit to one of them, and the Queen's deadline is on the 9th, I really don't want to pay it and then decide I'm going to go to U of T. At the same time I really really don't want U of T to phone back and say unfortunately there is nothing they can do for me. I am torn :(, I have always wanted to attend U of T, but at the moment it seems like such a hassle when I could go to Queen's and thoroughly enjoy myself worry and problem free.

Also does anyone know the cut off average for U of T to keep your offer? Queen's is 75, another bonus....

Any suggestions, advice, ideas, experience that might help? It t'would be much appreciated.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
Problem Number 2 only you can answer. We can't tell you what school to go to.

Just keep following up with U of T if you indeed want to accept that offer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ju Ju
This is a very personal decision, but you mentioned that UofT ensured you that your offer of admission won't be affected. You clearly also set UofT as your preferred choice, so you decide this yourself.

I went to UofT and I liked it. I have never been to Queen's, but both are good schools. I think the bottom line is: Think about it in the long run, don't just make a decision because you want to avoid hassle now.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of moodeline moodeline

@Yeah wrote
Hi,

Alright this is my problem... Last month U of T had sent me a rejection letter and I was under the impression that there was no need to keep them on my ouac and so I deleted them. This week I got an email in the morning from U of T stating that I have been made an offer of admission >.< to the St. George campus new college. Does anybody know what the other possible ways to respond to their offer are? and how long they take? I had phoned their registrars office and they told me a counselor will be in touch with me on steps I will have to take, and ensured me that it should not effect my offer since one has been made.

Can't help you with the second problem, but when you get your physical acceptance letter it will have a form you can fill out if you want to accept but can't online for some reason. It also says (in most people's) admission letters that you have to maintain your current standing which is very cryptic/vague....
Was this helpful? Yes 0