yconic - HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A photo of BillieJackson BillieJackson
Hi Everyone,

I'm facing a REALLY hard decision. I'm honestly not sure what to do;
I want to do Environmental Engineering, but I am choosing between Guelph and Carleton.
I really want to go to Guelph, but they didn't give me co-op and I think co-op is good to have for work experience. It is also closer to my home. On the other hand, I got Carleton co-op, but it is 6 hours from my home, and I would like to stay relatively close to home.

Is co-op really worth it for me to go to Carleton? What would you do?

I heard you can apply to co-op after first year, but what are the chances of getting in?

THANK YOU!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
13 replies

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of chatmike chatmike
i'm sorry. i only tell people answers when they use 61 exclamation marks, not 62.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@chatmike wrote
i'm sorry. i only tell people answers when they use 61 exclamation marks, not 62.

Oh sorry, I deleted one :)

Please help me decide :compress:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@BillieJackson wrote
Hi Everyone,

I'm facing a REALLY hard decision. I'm honestly not sure what to do;
I want to do Environmental Engineering, but I am choosing between Guelph and Carleton.
I really want to go to Guelph, but they didn't give me co-op and I think co-op is good to have for work experience. It is also closer to my home. On the other hand, I got Carleton co-op, but it is 6 hours from my home, and I would like to stay relatively close to home.

Is co-op really worth it for me to go to Carleton? What would you do?

I heard you can apply to co-op after first year, but what are the chances of getting in?

THANK YOU!!

Phone up guelph and ask them how hard it is to get into coop. If they tell you it is very difficult to get into then IMO going to Carleton is a good idea as long as you generally like the school and campus. It will be easier to find a job after grad with work experience.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

First off, I really appreciate the advice ^

I will call Guelph on tuesday and see what happens.

This is a HUGE decision and I don't have a clue about what do to..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Was this helpful? Yes 0

Choosing between AIDS and HIV...

I like Guelph. However, I like it with co-operative education. You just have to wait to call.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Despondent wrote

I like Guelph. However, I like it with co-operative education. You just have to wait to call.

Thanks for the reply.

If I don't get co-op at Guelph, should I still go there?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@BillieJackson wrote

@Despondent wrote

Thanks for the reply.

If I don't get co-op at Guelph, should I still go there?

I think "yes". I like Guelph's campus and ambiance. You can then choose to transfer into a different university. Since competition in that program will not be particularly tough, you should be able to transfer without particular problems into the Laurier BBA (or another program) with your Guelph grades.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of merm123 merm123

@chatmike wrote

lol :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@merm123 wrote

@chatmike wrote

What a relevant reply.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Despondent wrote

@merm123 wrote

@chatmike wrote

What a relevant reply.

I was looking through the Websites of both Carleton and Guelph and found out that even if you are admitted to co-op from high school, you still have to maintain a 70% average to be eligible. So if I get a 70% average in first year, would I basically be guaranteed? I'm talking about Guelph specifically.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

bump :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0