yconic - HELP PLEASE
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

HELP PLEASE

A photo of Sidhu13 Sidhu13
i'm trying to decide on Brock - BAcc (co-op) or UTM - Commerce. I heard UTM is really focused around math and i'm not THAT great at math. maybe average or below average...

please help
Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of g93 g93
Are you absolutely set on becoming a CA?

Are you one to change your mind a lot?

Which school do you like better (campus, rez, atmosphere, social life, etc.)?

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heyppl123 heyppl123
becoming a ca at brock will be a tough one, id go with utm, atleast its more known around the world
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@heyppl123 wrote
becoming a ca at brock will be a tough one, id go with utm, atleast its more known around the world

Why is becoming a CA at Brock a tough one?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

@g93 wrote

well right now my main focus is to become an accountant. maybe not a CA but preferably a CMA and brocks BAcc program offers that as well, but sometime down the road i may also change my mind into becoming a CA

I've heard the campus @ brock is spectacular including the people however i haven't personally been there
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Sidhu13 wrote

@g93 wrote

well right now my main focus is to become an accountant. maybe not a CA but preferably a CMA and brocks BAcc program offers that as well, but sometime down the road i may also change my mind into becoming a CA

I've heard the campus @ brock is spectacular including the people however i haven't personally been there

Brock may be a good fit.

You can't really go wrong with either.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kiddinaround kiddinaround

@Sidhu13 wrote

@g93 wrote

Thank you! I do consider myself a pretty spectacular person.

Where are you from? Are you a small town or larger city kind of guy? The reason I ask is each school's campus life will offer you different things.

I would say Brock's campus is nicer then UTM. Small class sizes and the program is very geared toward accounting. If that's what you like then Brock is probably the best choice.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@kiddinaround wrote

@Sidhu13 wrote

@g93 wrote

Where are you from? Are you a small town or larger city kind of guy? The reason I ask is each school's campus life will offer you different things.

I would say Brock's campus is nicer then UTM. Small class sizes and the program is very geared toward accounting. If that's what you like then Brock is probably the best choice.

Yeah, in general most people I know like Brock's campus. The ones that don't are from cities, the ones that do are from small towns (usually). The one guy I know was from a small town, and absolutely loved Brock. He said that while he was disappointed that he didn't get into the more "prestigious" schools like some of his friends, he couldn't imagine going anywhere else, best years of his life. He ended up getting Big4 co-op jobs too, so things worked out for him :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@kiddinaround wrote

@Sidhu13 wrote

@g93 wrote

Well im actually from Brampton and i actually want to experience a different atmosphere for once. I think ill be accepting BAcc over utm commerce this week

thanks for your input!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@g93 wrote

@kiddinaround wrote

@Sidhu13 wrote

@g93 wrote

Yeah, in general most people I know like Brock's campus. The ones that don't are from cities, the ones that do are from small towns (usually). The one guy I know was from a small town, and absolutely loved Brock. He said that while he was disappointed that he didn't get into the more "prestigious" schools like some of his friends, he couldn't imagine going anywhere else, best years of his life. He ended up getting Big4 co-op jobs too, so things worked out for him :)

Yeah thats one of my many goals to attain during my time @ Brock... Anyways, thanks for your thoughts !
Was this helpful? Yes 0