yconic - HELP! Schulich School of Business.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

HELP! Schulich School of Business.

A photo of shreshth94 shreshth94
Hi,

I just submitted my application through the OUAC service for Schulich School of Business. I'm submitting the supplementary application, but there are two problems.

A) I don't have a York Reference Number. How long does it take to get one, and is it okay if I use my OUAC reference number?

B) I have two reference letters from my teachers with their signatures. Can I just attach these to the application package or do they have to be sent online?

Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of ilikeyork ilikeyork
I think the application deadline was 3 weeks ago (on OUAC it says for schulich u have to apply before jan.10 or something like that). Although you can still apply through OUAC I doubt that they will consider you since it's past the deadline.
You can always email them and see if it's too late or not.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I spoke to them this morning, and they said the application deadline is February 8 for Ontario students and February 15 for Outside Ontario but Canadian students. Also, on the following link: http://futurestudents.yorku.ca/requirements/deadlines_fall , it says the deadline is on Feb 8. Can I still get a reference letter and submit it to them? And how long does it take to get a York Reference Number?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@shreshth94 wrote
I spoke to them this morning, and they said the application deadline is February 8 for Ontario students and February 15 for Outside Ontario but Canadian students. Also, on the following link: http://futurestudents.yorku.ca/requirements/deadlines_fall , it says the deadline is on Feb 8. Can I still get a reference letter and submit it to them? And how long does it take to get a York Reference Number?

A supplementary information form is available online at futurestudents.yorku.ca/forms. Students must submit their application for admissions to the OUAC by January 11, to be considered for this program. Please note that a seperate deadline of February 8, must be met for subsequesnt submission of the supplementary information form.

This was from OUAC 101, YBA(Schulich BBA) program details. You should definitely call them and ask them.
Feb.8 is for the SAF, not the application.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Should I be contacting OUAC or Schulich?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ilikeyork wrote

@shreshth94 wrote

A supplementary information form is available online at futurestudents.yorku.ca/forms. Students must submit their application for admissions to the OUAC by January 11, to be considered for this program. Please note that a seperate deadline of February 8, must be met for subsequesnt submission of the supplementary information form.

This was from OUAC 101, YBA(Schulich BBA) program details. You should definitely call them and ask them.
Feb.8 is for the SAF, not the application.

I would contact Schulich for sure lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of erudite erudite
York U will send an email and actual mail telling you what your York Reference number is within a couple of days. Since you applied almost a month after the OUAC deadline, i'm not sure lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CMA2014 CMA2014

@shreshth94 wrote
Hi,

I just submitted my application through the OUAC service for Schulich School of Business. I'm submitting the supplementary application, but there are two problems.

A) I don't have a York Reference Number. How long does it take to get one, and is it okay if I use my OUAC reference number?

B) I have two reference letters from my teachers with their signatures. Can I just attach these to the application package or do they have to be sent online?

Thanks!

lmao, buddy, you missed the deadline
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4
oh dear :S good luck-

if schulich still accepts you, then u should know that ur references have to do their letters online. and it has a word limit of like 50 words.. so it will take them all of 5 minutes probably. dont attach a copy of the letters to ur application.

and ur SAF application does need ur york number. if u dont get it in time, put your OUAC one then.
Was this helpful? Yes 0