yconic - HELP!! Western health science and kinesiology
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

HELP!! Western health science and kinesiology

A photo of ConcernedConnor ConcernedConnor
I'm becoming more worried with what I read about expected cut off averages and other students averages competing for these programs. I know that the average for Kin is usually slightly higher than the health sci program but I was wondering if I should even have hope.

Currents top six:
Functions: 71
Exercise science: 80
Data management: 92
Biology: 88
Religion: 88
English: 85

averge: 84

Please let me know what you think!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of despairless despairless
The health science cutoff was approximately 83% last year so you have a good chance at that. As for Kinesiology, it'll really depend on how many people apply this year. Last year, the cutoff was 85%, which is the highest it's ever been. If there are less applicants this year, you'll still have a chance.

If you feel your grades are not enough, I've heard about a supplemental you could fill out stating your ECs. I'm not sure what that is so look that up if you wish to write it. It could increase your chances of getting in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of HHuskies9 HHuskies9

@despairless wrote
The health science cutoff was approximately 83% last year so you have a good chance at that. As for Kinesiology, it'll really depend on how many people apply this year. Last year, the cutoff was 85%, which is the highest it's ever been. If there are less applicants this year, you'll still have a chance.

If you feel your grades are not enough, I've heard about a supplemental you could fill out stating your ECs. I'm not sure what that is so look that up if you wish to write it. It could increase your chances of getting in.

The deadline to submit it was April 2nd...sucks man but you should be good for health sci
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ConcernedConnor wrote
I'm becoming more worried with what I read about expected cut off averages and other students averages competing for these programs. I know that the average for Kin is usually slightly higher than the health sci program but I was wondering if I should even have hope.

Currents top six:

also try and get your functions to an 80 because in this forum the dude was saying that if you have under 80 you won't be considered http://www.studentawards.com/Forum.aspx?g=posts&t=14108
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@HHuskies9 wrote

@ConcernedConnor wrote

Currents top six:

also try and get your functions to an 80 because in this forum the dude was saying that if you have under 80 you won't be considered http://www.studentawards.com/Forum.aspx?g=posts&t=14108

are you sure that dude is right? i swear no one said anything about having to keep all your courses above 80 or you won't be considered.
and plus, it's kind of unreasonable since the programs that need low 90s to get in said they only need at least a 70% in a specific course...not 80.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ConcernedConnor ConcernedConnor
Ive been searching for that under 80 rule and I havent been able to find it. I would understand if they were speaking about an overall average falling under 80. Does anyone know roughly how many students apply to each program?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ConcernedConnor wrote
Ive been searching for that under 80 rule and I havent been able to find it. I would understand if they were speaking about an overall average falling under 80. Does anyone know roughly how many students apply to each program?

Western said they sent out about 2000 offers so more than that apply I guess
Was this helpful? Yes 0

man i have no idea to trust him, but he said he picked up the view book and it apparently said it... um i checked the western stats http://www.ipb.uwo.ca/documents/cudo2011.pdf and it said there were 2260 people overall that apply...now I'm nervous aaha
Was this helpful? Yes 0