yconic - Help! Which full course should I take during the summer?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Help! Which full course should I take during the summer?

A photo of perhonen perhonen
Hi, here is my grade 12 plan:

French, university
History, university (will definitely boost my mark up, and I love it)
Chemistry, university
Biology, university
English, university
Advanced Function, university
Calculus and Vectors, university
Spare

I was also thinking of taking a course during the summer. Either Chemistry, Biology, Advanced Functions, or Calculus and Vectors, and get it off my mind. But some people tell me it's better to take English. What do you suggest?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of mccannca466 mccannca466
It really depends on your postsecondary destinations. Are you aiming to apply in the sciences area, or the arts? If English is difficult for you, I would do that in summer school. It is used for all application admissions, and you can repeat it if necessary. Actually, English is usually the easiest to take in summer school, unless you really, really struggle with another course and wish to get it out of the way.

Almost every single person I know who took a full course in summer school took English. They didn't enjoy English so they wanted it out of the way, and there wasn't any specific information that they needed to retain for their programs of choice. If you take a science in summer school and plan on applying for something in that area, it will be harder to retain the knowledge, and so your courses will be harder.
Was this helpful? Yes 0