yconic - help with applied math/engineering electives
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

help with applied math/engineering electives

A photo of xshaddowsinx xshaddowsinx
so my friend who doesn't have an account here has the following question:

"i'm going to be taking math co-op next year, and i have to do some survey thing. it asked me if i wantd to enroll in applied math/engineering electives. what i want to know is whether this will have any effect choosing programs for 2nd year and choosing a career in the future. Will i have to take applied math 2nd year or what?"
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of greygoose greygoose
It will pre-enroll your friend in the courses required for taking more engineering electives in the future, as well as taking the first year engineering electives, as far as I know. This form is pre-registration for first year math courses.

Your friend won't be held to sticking with an Applied Math major (let alone one with this option), but he/she might have a hard time switching out of his/her first term courses chosen in advance if this option is picked.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xshaddowsinx xshaddowsinx
'how will enrolling in engineering electives help me?'
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of greygoose greygoose
That's up to your friend to decide. Why doesn't he/she look them up on the undergraduate calendar? I haven't taken them and don't even know what they encompass. It's not a typical plan.
Was this helpful? Yes 0