yconic - Help With Decision
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Help With Decision

A photo of thagger101 thagger101
I currently need help making a decision all responses will be appreciated. At first i wanted to go into engineering, but realized it wasn't for me. My average was a 80.5 and I wanted to attend McMaster for Business 1, but was rejected =(.

I currently have offers to Ryerson Bcomm, Mcmaster Bachelor in Technology (alternate offer), UTM Social Sciences, and McMaster Social Sciences. I really want to go to McMaster. So my question is where should I go? I can either go to Ryerson Bcomm, or go into McMaster social sciences and take the business cources, in order to switch to Bcomm second year.

Please give me any insight, and is it possible to be accepted at the end of the year? (my average now is about an 83). And does McMaster provide info on which courses are open after June 2nd on OUAC?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of BobTheBuilder BobTheBuilder

@thagger101 wrote
I currently need help making a decision all responses will be appreciated. At first i wanted to go into engineering, but realized it wasn't for me. My average was a 80.5 and I wanted to attend McMaster for Business 1, but was rejected =(.

I currently have offers to Ryerson Bcomm, Mcmaster Bachelor in Technology (alternate offer), UTM Social Sciences, and McMaster Social Sciences. I really want to go to McMaster. So my question is where should I go? I can either go to Ryerson Bcomm, or go into McMaster social sciences and take the business cources, in order to switch to Bcomm second year.

Please give me any insight, and is it possible to be accepted at the end of the year? (my average now is about an 83). And does McMaster provide info on which courses are open after June 2nd on OUAC?

If you really want to go to Mac, do a victory lap and improve your marks. If you can get your average up from 80.5 to 83, you can probably get it up higher too. Just focus more next year.

The last thing you want to do is go to Mac from Social Sciences and think you can just transfer into Business. If it doesn't work out, you're messed. A Social Science degree, especially from somewhere like Mac, is just expensive toilet paper.

I don't know if Mac admissions are rolling (email them!) but they will definitely NOT have course enrollment information on OUAC. Contact them to see what the procedure is.
Was this helpful? Yes 0