yconic - Help with Loans
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Help with Loans

A photo of Jesseyeahh Jesseyeahh
I'm an Ontario resident going to university in BC. To my understanding, this does not effect the way OSAP treats me, right? Secondly, does OSAP just loan whatever amount of money you can't personally provide, or is there a threshold? does OSAP help you with your housing funds, too?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of holmes11 holmes11
what is OSAP ??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@holmes11 wrote
what is OSAP ??

You have to be joking or trolling. Google it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@Jesseyeahh wrote
I'm an Ontario resident going to university in BC. To my understanding, this does not effect the way OSAP treats me, right? Secondly, does OSAP just loan whatever amount of money you can't personally provide, or is there a threshold? does OSAP help you with your housing funds, too?

OSAP is a loan given to university students to help with the expenses beyond what they should be able to provide for themselves. So if your family is making $200,000 a year but isn't giving you money that's too bad, because they should be (I know, it sucks). OSAP takes into account your tuition fees and gives you a loan based on that. There may be enough money left over from that, or there may not be. It's up to you to work to fund anything not covered by OSAP. The cap is $13,900 (or thereabouts, it changes a bit each year) per year, to a maximum of four years.
Was this helpful? Yes 0