yconic - Help with Multiple Choice
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Help with Multiple Choice

A photo of ManUtd123 ManUtd123
Hey guys, whenever I there is multiple choice during a test, I don't do that well on it, especially during science tests. Are there any ways to become good at multiple choice taking. Or is it merely just studying the theories over and over again. Some tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of KingKhan KingKhan
Circle the answer that's correct
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cherrypie725 cherrypie725
Interesting that you should ask this. I was actually just reading a med student's blog, and he wrote a post about tips for mc tests. Highly recommended, I found it very useful. Here it is:

http://www.medhopeful.com/archive/tips-for-multiple-choice-tests/

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of freebird freebird
^That's a good article.
One thing I didn't see: when possible, try to predict the answer without looking at the options. If your prediction is there, then it's likely correct, but still read the other answer choices to eliminate them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CatRunner CatRunner
The trick with multiple choice questions is not simply to choose a right answer (often more than one option will actually be correct), but to choose the BEST or MOST CORRECT answer.

Guelph has some tips on multiple choice exams here: http://www.lib.uoguelph.ca/assistance/learning_services/handouts/multiple_choice_exams.cfm
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of scoobygiggles scoobygiggles
Study the material back to front, so their is less chance of you doubting yourself. Once you circle something, leave it be, unless you happen to remember concrete evidence supporting another choice. Often your intuition comes in handy more than you think.
If you're stuck, circle the question and move on. You might spend all your time stuck on one question, and not leave enough time for the rest of it. When you've finished your test, go back to your circled questions and work on those.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of scoobygiggles scoobygiggles
Study the material back to front, so their is less chance of you doubting yourself. Once you circle something, leave it be, unless you happen to remember concrete evidence supporting another choice. Often your intuition comes in handy more than you think.
If you're stuck, circle the question and move on. You might spend all your time stuck on one question, and not leave enough time for the rest of it. When you've finished your test, go back to your circled questions and work on those.
Was this helpful? Yes 0