yconic - Help!!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Help!!

A photo of KimK KimK
So, next year I'm going to University/College... only problem is I have no idea which school or what programs to even begin looking at. Not to toot my own horn but I'm not a stupid kid and am pretty sure I can pick from whichever schools I want and am willing (and wanting) to travel wherever possible to make my post secondary education the best it can be. I'm wanting just some advice on some good schools that have good programs in psychology, psychiatry, literature, political sciences, mathematics, law, or education. Wide spectrum I know but I'm just looking at options right now. I'd love some feedback to help me out here guys!
Thanks so much! :)
Kim
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of ArchEnemy ArchEnemy
Psychiatry is a field of medicine so you'll have to complete your undergrad first, get into medical school and choose psychiatry during your residency.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
Start looking at what area of the country or what types of cities you would want to live in. From there look at the universities in and near those areas. Navigate the websites to look at programs and what the overall field of the university is.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I suggest you look up some websites which help. The two websites below give you a list of universities when you type in a keyword:

http://www.electronicinfo.ca/en/degree.php

http://myblueprint.ca/ (you have to create an account for this website to get started)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of andrewk512 andrewk512
You can't get into law, education or psychiatry right after high school.
For math check out Waterloo.
For the arts: UBC, McGill, Queen's, lots of other options.
Psychology: Pretty much anywhere.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
You can study law in undergrad, as an arts degree
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ArchEnemy ArchEnemy

@ktel wrote
You can study law in undergrad, as an arts degree

Yeah you can study law.. But you can't practice it until you have your J.D.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Think about what you enjoy and create a list of programs or careers which fall in line with it. The best way to be happy in your career is to match it with your interests. (Ie. You like the idea of helping people, and you love music...maybe musical therapy or education)
Was this helpful? Yes 0