yconic - Hey! You! Read Here Before Posting!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Hey! You! Read Here Before Posting!

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Hey all,

I'm glad to see we have no many users on here and so many questions being asked. I'm also glad to see that we have so many topics :)

Spam, except for you annoying spammers who just want to post 5 times then leave, has been reduced dramatically since our last forums.

Keep in mind this is the busiest time of year on these forums: there are thousands of people also like you, looking for information on your potential program or university. There are also hundreds of students who are in those programs and attend those universities, and I'm glad we're able to help you. (We were all confused and lost at one point too!)

However, with the immense volume of posts, there are a few guidelines I want to make sure everyone knows.

1. Use the search function! These forums are enormous databases! We also have the old forums here that can be searched. Your question is probably already answered!

2. We don't work there! We have no way of knowing the answer to "I have an 86 average with six courses around 82 and 3 courses at 78 and 1 course at 61. Will I get in?" How could we know that?!

3. Check the universities' websites. The details are often right in the universities' website - figure it out and go read there first.

I'm sure my other fellow seasoned forums members have a few requests and tips to help keep these forums organized.

Happy posting!

ARMY101
Voted best Forums Contributor for 4 years
Was this helpful? Yes 0
16 replies

A photo of littleroom littleroom
I agree. Here are two of my suggestions:

1. Keep it to one thread about which UTSG college is better. Even better, stop asking; no one cares once you get past Frosh Week.

2. If you're not in grade 12, please stop asking if your marks are good enough to make it into a Canadian university. Canadian universities may give you an early acceptance based on your grade 11 marks (in conjunction with your grade 12 marks), but their final decision comes down to your grade 12 marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Haru Haru
+1 to this thread.

[size=9]SEARCH FOR YOUR ANSWERS BEFORE YOU ASK THEM!!!!!!![/size]
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of awaysheflew awaysheflew
I absolutely agree with everything posted here so far. It really gets annoying to see 5 "Will I get in to (name of university here)?" posts in a row.

Now, for my contribution:

If the university you're wondering about is in Ontario, check out http://electronicinfo.ca. That site has admission information for every single university in Ontario, including typical cutoff marks. If your average is a few percentage points higher than the cutoff listed there and there's no supplementary application required, you're going to get in.

And no matter what university you're wondering about, Google is wonderful resource.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
+1. Needs a sticky.

Most general/subjective questions have already been discussed or can't be answered effectively, and most specific/technical questions are better directed to the party involved (university, high school, etc.).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Haru Haru
@ARMY101
you should post this thread in every single section of this forum.
haha. i accidentally typed "threat" at first instead of "thread". hey i guess it works both ways ;D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
Nice job ARMY. Was thinking of doing something like that. Definitely needs to be a sticky.

And also add that GRADE 11 MARKS ONLY MATTER FOR EARLY ACCEPTANCE!!! (99% of the time)

That way we don't have thirty "Do Gr 11 Marks Matter" and "I Screwed Up" and "ZOMFG Gr 11..." etc etc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of esin esin
"Voted best Forums Contributor for 4 years"

lol what?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
Thank you. I'm going to be glad when this thing ends, actually.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Well Admins? That's at least 4 people saying they want this thread stickied. How about it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of StudentAtStPats StudentAtStPats

@ARMY101 wrote
Well Admins? That's at least 4 people saying they want this thread stickied. How about it?

Do we even have admins that look at the forums?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@StudentAtStPats wrote

@ARMY101 wrote

Do we even have admins that look at the forums?

Look at the forums, yes. Every once and a while, some posts will be deleted. Participate in the forums, no.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@ARMY101 wrote

I count 7+ ish now
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
I hope I'm included in that tally.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Well guys, I encourage all of you to contact the Admins since they've refused to stick this thread for us.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of HeroOfCanton HeroOfCanton
Addendum: Universities don't care about your Grade 11 marks, except when they're making early acceptances!
Was this helpful? Yes 0